Who takes Testosterone suppliments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has been an interesting post.
It seems to me that too many Drs. simply prescribe a dose of TRT instead of trying to figure out what the underlying problem is. How come an estrogen blocker is never used first to see how the body reponds with it's present level of T. Won't taking TRT make your nuts shrink up.....
My dr. is looking for the underlying cause. Hes focused on my pituitary gland. He said that controles 6 components of the male hormone system and 2 of those elements were low for some reason which lead him to take more blood to check some other things that could cause those to be low. He also wants to do an MRI to look at the size of the P gland and see if its small/large or has a growth on it. So the way I understand it, TRT is the last resort and he did warn me that its a lifetime treatment because once I start, the testies stop making any T and wont restart if I stop TRT. Hes very thorough and I would highely recommend him. My blood report was like 3 pages so he checked everything. Even told me my vitamin D level was low. I told him I take 5000 IUs of D a day and he told me to double it. Most people are low on D and dont know it. Hes from India and a little hard to understand but he seems very smart.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clay, I'm sure he already is since he sounds competent but make sure he's tracking your estradiol levels, my doc added anastrozole. Since I'm a self pay because my insurance won't cover it I'm on a 2 week cycle rather than weekly visit for a shot. My GP didn't have enough experience to feel comfortable doing TRT so I had to go elsewhere. His statement was hey we get older it's normal, live with it. I've noticed an upswing in mood and general feeling of well being on my 8th week now.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Vit D was low as well, I take a 50,000 pill once a week. My report was like yours as well, something like 8 pages of info on every system. I also take methylated folic acid now as I found out from my report I can process folic acid on my own.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I struggled to get through the day. I had so much to do outside and in the shop. I went to bed last night at around 1:00 and didnt wake up till 11:00 (normally would have been up by 8:30 ish) went outside at noon and struggled to keep the pace to get as much done as I could and finally gave in at 6:00. This sucks and I should be able to get going early and keep the day going for a good 9 hours on my feet in the heat (not even that hot yet). Im 45 and feel 65 although I dont know what 65 feels like yet. Cant wait to get some kind of change going.
I sorta remember what sex is like but havent had the need in months. ugg... this getting old **** is for the birds, but I suppose it beats the alternative.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has been an interesting post.
It seems to me that too many Drs. simply prescribe a dose of TRT instead of trying to figure out what the underlying problem is. How come an estrogen blocker is never used first to see how the body reponds with it's present level of T. Won't taking TRT make your nuts shrink up.....

That would only work if you already had elevated Estrogen levels to begin with. If your T was low and estrogen levels were normal it wouldn't do any good to go on a estrogen blocker.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Estrogen levels follow testosterone levels it's the amortization of the androgen that converts it to estrogen. At least that's how my endocrinologist explained to to me. I'm at 10 weeks now they are still upping my dosage level a little at a time. Labs agin in 2 more weeks to see where I am at but so far I am beginning to feel better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom