Who takes Testosterone suppliments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome. That pretty much describes me, but to add to that I seem to need more than 7-8 hour of sleep now days or I'm exhausted all day. 10 hours is common on weekends which is not a normal thing. Will they let someone take the injections home to self inject?

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

Im pretty sure I have seen some people leave with the injections but I have never asked so Im not for sure what their policy is

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How soon did you feel a difference, was it immediate or come on gradually? Also, what if you miss a weekly shot because your out of town/sick/or whatever reason.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im pretty sure I have seen some people leave with the injections but I have never asked so Im not for sure what their policy is

I will have to find out, this will be a huge issue as I live about 50 miles from the place. I work by the capitol so I could run out there on my lunch break but still, it would be so much easier if I could have my wife give the injection. I assume its a shoulder injection?

scube

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This should help some people out that are thinking about TRT

First read this: http://boldanddetermined.com/2012/08/19/low-testosterone-levels/

Then this: http://dangerandplay.com/2013/11/12/testosterone-replacement-therapy-trt/

Then read around on these forums: (just the stickies should be a good start)

http://www.allthingsmale.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?2-All-Things-Male

http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_on...ance_bodybuilding_trt?pageNo=1&s=forumsNavTop

I may post a few more here later.

If you're low in funds or have crappy insurance. You can get your levels tested on your on here http://www.privatemdlabs.com/lp/Female_Hormone_Testing.php it says for females but just state you're a male on checkout and you will be fine. A google search will give you 10-15% off coupon codes for there.

Self injecting at home is the only way to go, seriously who wants to go to an office visit 1-2 times a week?

scube

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can rotate sites and even do it subcutaneously. If you have a local Dr. that will put you on the injections with coupons from goodrx.com you should be at a cost of less than $50 for a 10-12 week supply plus a few bucks for needles.

scube

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How soon did you feel a difference, was it immediate or come on gradually? Also, what if you miss a weekly shot because your out of town/sick/or whatever reason.

Eur J Endocrinol. 2011 Jul 13;

Authors: Saad F, Aversa A, Isidori AM, Zafalon L, Zitzmann M, Gooren LJ

Objectives: Testosterone has a spectrum of effects on the male organism. This review attempts to determine, from published studies, the time-course of the effects induced by testosterone repla***ent therapy from their first manifestation until maximum effects are attained.

Design: Studies in PubMed on testosterone repla***ent so far providing information on time course.

Results:

Effects on sexual interest appear after 3 weeks plateauing at 6 weeks, no further increments beyond.

Changes in erections/ejaculations may require up to 6 months.

Effects on quality of life manifest within 3-4 weeks, but maximum benefits take longer.

Effects on depressive mood appear after 3-6 weeks with a maximum after 18-30 weeks.

First effects on erythropoiesis after 3 months, peaking at 9-12 months.

Prostate specific antigen and volume rise, marginally, plateauing at 12 months; further increase related to aging rather than therapy.

Effects on lipids appear after 4 weeks, maximal after 6-12 months.

Insulin sensitivity may improve within few days, but effects on gly***ic control become evident only after 3-12 months.

Changes in fat mass, lean body mass and muscle strength occur within 12-16 weeks, stabilize at 6-12 months, but marginally continue to improve over years.

Effects on inflammation occur within 3 to 12 weeks.

Effects on bone detectable after 6 months but continue at least for 3 years.

Conclusion: the time-course of the spectrum of effects of testosterone shows considerable variation, probably related to pharmacodynamics of the testosterone preparation. Genomic and non-genomic effects, androgen receptor polymorphism and intracellular steroid metabolism further contribute to such diversity.

PMID: 21753068 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember starting to feel a difference about a week after the first injection. If you miss your scheduled day they just up the dose when you make in. They do blood work every so often to see where you are at and if they need to adjust you dose either up or down. When they make adjustments they do based on how you feel not to reach a magic number they think you need to be at. The shot is in the upper butt cheek. And they alternate sides every week.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
A buddy of mine was taking the injections but stopped because his wife complained it was
making him mean and aggresive.

Anyone experience anything like this?

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have known two guys that took the injections. My older brother and my next door neighbor. Both of them would tell you how much the injections helped them if they were alive. My neighbor died of liver cancer a couple of years ago and my brother died of liver cancer last year. Not saying the shots is what caused it, but I would be very careful if I was thinking of taking the injections.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im 45 on my 4th wife, have 4 kids one each with 2 ex-wives and 2 ex-girlfriends- I'm actually kind of ready for a break. I dont have low-T or dont notice anyways or have any of the symptoms listed above, etc, but Im dang sure looking forward to 'going to pasture'. Really. From 8th grade to just a few years ago sex was almost an addiction. Now me and the wife are both so busy in our seperate careers and lives that I really dont even miss not having as much sex as we used to. Hmmm, maybe I have this low-T stuff but just not the weight gain and energy loss, think I'll get checked out anyways. Informative thread, thanx.

Latest posts

Top Bottom