Who won the debate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it was actually a good move by Romney to not keep hitting the Libya issue. Made a more diverse attack on Obamas foreign policy failures

Yep. Romney went big and Presidential. Obama went with only his failed record, got frustrated and only had lowball attacks left to work with.

Mitt closed strongly. His last two comments and his closing statement were sophisticated, focused, hopeful, definitive and business oriented. Very professional, respectful and presidential. Obama petulant and disorganized again. Also many lies. The battleship thing was a bomb. No contest.

I would add that he was strategic too but I agree with you 100%. He did a great job of illustrating how a strong economy is required to be respected in the world and tied it to foreign policy. ETA: Reminded me of Reagan. :rubhands:

Obama is trying his hardest to make Romney appear like he'll be another Bush and he's failing. Romney has a clearly articulated and specific answer and rebuttal to every time he does it.

Beautiful.

Romney is winning this debate hands down just like he will in the election.

Show millions of people who watch this debate the two candidates side by side and they will see the truth. Romney in a landslide!

I'm not so sure. Did you see the Luntz focus group? They are almost unanimous in saying that Obama won the debate on points. I'm wondering what debate they saw.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't watch the debate, but all the media reports I saw said Obama won. Even the Ogle on channel 9 said Obama was a clear winner in his "My Two Cents" segment. I guess watching a presidential debate is like watching your grandaughter at a dance recital.

Cedar Creek

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What they say in a debate and what they do behind the scenes are two different things. Romney's foreign policy group is made up almost entirely of Bush/Cheney era war mongering Neocons. That's a fact.

Glad to hear it, we need people that know how the world really works.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not so sure. Did you see the Luntz focus group? They are almost unanimous in saying that Obama won the debate on points. I'm wondering what debate they saw.

Ya I don't get it. I understand that since I really really want Obama fired, I have a bias, but I thought Romney won it on substance hands down. I don't agree with the polls. Then again... polling can have some bias built in as well.

Perhaps there were more people who were swayed by Obama's emotional play. That would be his base anyway. Perhaps since the debate was framed ahead of time as being focused on foreign policy, most people who really will decide this election tuned out since the ECONOMY will be the deciding issue?

Who knows... I still call Romney in a landslide.

Latest posts

Top Bottom