Who's gonna buy the new Ruger SR9?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting. I wouldn't mind having one of these guns. I never hear anything about them though! Guess no news is good news.

A compact would be cool too. :)

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm a huge Ruger revolver fan - but, I still can't get into their autos. I hear they are tough as nails though

i'm with you on this one... love the revolvers, but I just can't bring myself to even remotely like the auto's, no matter how many good things are said about them they're still ugly as a dogs a** and looks in a gun mean a lot to me

Crowmosly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here, there autos look and feel like someone made them in their garage, but I love my service six and single six. A friend of mine had an SR9 he really liked it till he shot my SP01. I shot his and it had more recoil than any 9mm I have ever shot, to me it felt worse than a G23. He has since sold it. Not a fan of cast slides either...

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i'm with you on this one... love the revolvers, but I just can't bring myself to even remotely like the auto's, no matter how many good things are said about them they're still ugly as a dogs a** and looks in a gun mean a lot to me

Uglier than a Glock?? Aesthetically, I think they look fairly refined compared to the Glock and XD. I'd still pick the Glock though.

jimeradams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a Glock .40 on duty, but I kinda liked the SR9 when they first came out. The grip is pretty nifty feeling. I just saw the compact version on the Ruger website. I also kinda like the frame mounted safety. To each their own, I guess!

Latest posts

Top Bottom