Who's smokin/grillin what this weekend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dennis, that is awesome... I am gonna try the egg thing. And I might just take you up on the asparagus too! We LOVE some asparagus but I've never done it smoked! I usually marinate it in olive oil and garlic/salt/pepper and throw it on the grill. I'm over your way alot,we need to get together for a beer and a smoke. :D

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Every time I hear the word asparagus, it reminds me of college botany class, my prof was Indian, and he pronounced it "ass per hagus". :)

Dennis, how old are your asparagus plants?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis, that is awesome... I am gonna try the egg thing. And I might just take you up on the asparagus too! We LOVE some asparagus but I've never done it smoked! I usually marinate it in olive oil and garlic/salt/pepper and throw it on the grill. I'm over your way alot,we need to get together for a beer and a smoke. :D
Let's do that.
I'm not far off of Hwy 60, or I can roll into town.
Asparagus season is coming to an end. Usually the second week in June is when picking stops, and you let the plants go to fern. They have to add more crown to put more on next season.

Every time I hear the word asparagus, it reminds me of college botany class, my prof was Indian, and he pronounced it "ass per hagus". :)

Dennis, how old are your asparagus plants?

My oldest plants are 24 years old. The newest and best are a mere 12 years old.
My mom had a small patch that was probably 40 years old. 8'X4' space gave us all we wanted to eat.
Here are the eggs when done. They normally get low and slow cooking for a couple of hours, but since my darling bride was late getting home, I had the smoker set on 275 vs 175. The fast cooking didn't get the inside as brown as low and slow, but the smoke flavor was there. Very light flavor.
The smoked bacon on a stick was incredible.
Now I want to buy a pork belly, cure it, and put it on the smoker.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433041625.273611.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom