Who's smokin/grillin what this weekend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My lovely bride said she was going shopping around noon.
Won't be long.
Silly me believed that. :D
Oh well, the wait has stepped the menu up a notch. All happily bathing in hickory smoke now.
Cored out the onion and filled with garlic and butter, added peppers and bacon on a stick.
View attachment 48289
If you really want a treat, throw away that string and wrap the asparagus bundle with bacon to hold it together. Top it with a little Hollandaise sauce afterward if you're so inclined.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
just cored a few vidalia onions and added a cube of beef bullion and a dollup of butter to serve on top of the roast or eat as is. mmmm,mmmm, as i sip on a summer shandy....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll have to try that beef bullion with the onion. I forgot to mention our steak toppings last night.
Portabella mushrooms, sliced in a bowl, drizzled with bourbon, a chunk of butter on top and a minute in the microwave covered. The alcohol cooks off but all that flavor stays with the shrooms.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious... why do you (kr) consider wrapping one of the most important steps? Is it the myth that it keeps it moist? 'Cause I never wrap and my ribs and pulled pork are as moist as you could want, right off the smoker. Just wondering.

Latest posts

Top Bottom