Why can't I just be satisfied.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJ Hiryuu

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I eventually learned to only sell what I truly don't care for or don't ever bring out. When presented with choice A or B and both look good the best answer is both, if you can't right away, pick one and make the other happen later. Not everything needs a specific purpose either, I've got a whole collection of guns who's only utility is being neat.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about you get both?! It’s about savings. And then redundancy. Just tell the wife they share ammo and mags, etc and the second one costs less since you already bit the bullet on the first one.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've heard to many horror stories of them being undergassed causing timing and cycle issues. I have not experienced it myself, but the stories has left me with a stigma about them.

I have over 3k on my 18" rifle gas.

Those who had trouble probably used too heavy of buffers or adjustable gas blocks.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had quite a collection of firearms I used daily. After I quit that job I had to survive with two kids my lovely wifey gave me. I "nutted up" and sold my pre-ban M-1A, Springfield 1911A-1 with RCBS "O" press and dies bipod and bayonet, Model 29 6" in presentation case, Colt Detective Special, Model 65 4", and Remington 870 riot.

I gotta admit I wanted to cry but my family survived and we kept our house in between jobs.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Simple, just start gathering parts for the next build. That’s what I like about AR’s, if it takes you a year to find just the parts you need,or for a sale, no big deal. Randomly pick up parts and the next thing you know, you’re ready to put them together.

EZHD

Marksman
Reaction score
So I have a stupid problem. I just got my new AR assembled last night and I really love the value it presents. I got it for a good price unfinished and had most of the parts to finish it laying around. I am about $350 out of pocket for this rifle including shipping, transfer and the LPK. I bought and assembled it for the purpose to be my knock around truck gun. Here is my dilemma, in the box I get a sheet showing other products from DPMS and I see a model that I fall in lust with. It’s the RFA3-TAC2, Its essentially a Dissipator with magpul furniture and a neato M111 handguard. I don’t like that it is a full rifle length gas system (I prefer mid length like the kit I just assembled). So here is where my need for instant gratification and never being satisfied with what I have millennial traits come into play. The TAC2 can be had for between 600-700$ from buds or gunbroker. Do I sell what I just built for a purpose on Armslist with some mags and ammo to get the $700 mark and switch up to the TAC2, OR do I nut up and be happy with what I have knowing that I bought it to fit a need not a want? I will probably never use the tac2 for anything other than range plinking, and it won't ride shotgun in the jeep like what I just got. I guess the other option would be to have a low pro gas block installed on the one I just got, then have a dummy front sight block put on so as to turn it into the dissipator style, but then I am defeating the purpose of having a no frills low cost truck gun by pumping money into it just for aesthetics. That's just more money that can be invested towards more ammo and range time.

What I just bought.

View attachment 156037

What I think I want.

View attachment 156039
I should be happy with what I've got provided it shoots well, I think I just needed to think it through, but what are your thoughts as well?

I do the same thing and my thinking always comes back to this. Since when does “need” have anything to do with it? Guys are simple. We like guns. Accept it and never stop looking for you next one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom