Why do people in the gun community belittle newcomers to forums?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely not a "gun forum" thing so much as a "forum" thing. People tend to say things over the keyboard that they would never say in person. Anonymity can bring out the worst in people.

It's definitely a forum thing.

If you thing OSA is a "rough" forum, this must be your first day on the internet. Go to some popular automotive forums and post a question that's been asked before and you'll find out a whole lot of new things you can put in weird places, household chemicals you can drink, and rusty kitchen appliances you can fornicate with. Those will be the replies you get. I honestly think OSA just has a lot of people that are not used to internet banter, or banter period. I swear some people here must have a "no sarcasm, wit, or flippant humor" sign in their houses.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y5_seedy_pinkg18.jpg

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
congrats on finding those 5 people who are honest and sincere!!!
I'm pretty sure I'm an original member of this list.

You have no idea who's behind the keyboard on the other end. Man, woman, child, they could be anyone.
I don't have anything to add to or say about this. I just found it funny.

Crap man I'm not a noob and I still get tons of crap from time to time. It's the internet.
People can say what they want without fear of getting thier backside or forehead bent.

That being said I still find this forum full of folks who'll help a guy out with thier gun/ammo problems.

I find most of the bashing comes in when someone doesn't take the time to read the rules.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'm an original member of this list.

I don't have anything to add to or say about this. I just found it funny.

Crap man I'm not a noob and I still get tons of crap from time to time. It's the internet.
People can say what they want without fear of getting thier backside or forehead bent.

That being said I still find this forum full of folks who'll help a guy out with thier gun/ammo problems.

I find most of the bashing comes in when someone doesn't take the time to read the rules.

I agree with you. As said before, there is some people that just have no humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom