Why Picking A Fight With A Trucker Is A Bad Idea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know when I first started driving in 1992 I was told it was illegal. Then a couple of years ago I was listening to an interview on a trucking radio show with Ray LaHood the Transportation Secretary and he was asked point blank if it was legal or illegal and he said it was legal according to federal law to carry a firearm in a commercial vehicle but the sticking points come when passing through the various states, counties and cities. That's why the vast majority of companies forbid it. Every company I have ever worked for, or leased to forbid it.

When I was driving a truck, it was against the law across the nation.
Maybe its changed now.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know when I first started driving in 1992 I was told it was illegal. Then a couple of years ago I was listening to an interview on a trucking radio show with Ray LaHood the Transportation Secretary and he was asked point blank if it was legal or illegal and he said it was legal according to federal law to carry a firearm in a commercial vehicle but the sticking points come when passing through the various states, counties and cities. That's why the vast majority of companies forbid it. Every company I have ever worked for, or leased to forbid it.

I'm sure your right.
I had a .22 Ruger stolen 30 years ago from my car. I reported it with the SN.

4 years later, a Nebraska HP pulled over a trucker, and saw the pistol under his seat. I got it back.
Don't know what the trucker got fined or whatever. Way before the internet searches were available.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm glad you got it back. I wonder how many times it had been bought and sold before it was returned to you? Your little pistol saw some miles.

I'm sure your right.
I had a .22 Ruger stolen 30 years ago from my car. I reported it with the SN.

4 years later, a Nebraska HP pulled over a trucker, and saw the pistol under his seat. I got it back.
Don't know what the trucker got fined or whatever. Way before the internet searches were available.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't imagine being a long haul trucker and not carrying protection. Laws and rules be damned. The old saying "better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6."

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I share your sentiments sir. I however comply with all federal, state, county and city laws at all times in my truck as well as company policy as stated in my lease. Besides, I don't have 6 friends big enough to tote my fat ass anywhere.

I can't imagine being a long haul trucker and not carrying protection. Laws and rules be damned. The old saying "better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6."

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm glad you got it back. I wonder how many times it had been bought and sold before it was returned to you? Your little pistol saw some miles.

It was actually tracked back to a 14 year old that saw it in the back seat while walking by. Everybody fessed up under duress about where they got it.

I'm hoping the kids dad got some punishment, but like I said, no internet in those days to check it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Back in my day, we carried "tire billy's"
They were a short baseball bat with lead wrapped around them, and screwed in.

Walk around the truck, and "bump" the tires to see if they sounded low.

Pretty good defense weapon if somebody got too close.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm kinda surprised that the trucker didn't have his own 'pig sticker'. I was expecting to read that the trucker laid waste to these punks. 4 gashes on the trucker? Sounds like he got 'whittled on' a bit.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pfft, I'd slap that sissy up and down the block.

Come at me.
270416_786658927481_7521744_n.jpg

Stackle2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I know that all my friends that are long haul truckers agree with you as well. The truckers on this forum must be some of the only ones I have ever heard of that don't carry....

Latest posts

Top Bottom