Why the explanation in a for sale ad?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Wanting to fund my annual excursion to Maui." Or, "Selling to buy my vacation home in the Adironbacks on Lake Placid."

Who cares? All that matters is the price. Go to gunbroker completed sales then deduct 10%.

If you're selling a Ruger 10/22 stainless with laminated mannlicher stock, deduct 50%.

Nobody is impressed with your leisure resume.

(BTW, concerning that third item, if you happen to have one for sale at half off, PM me.)

;)
What difference does it make to you? If they want to share what they are planning on doing with the money that's up to them, it doesn't matter if you agree with their reasoning or not.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it speaks towards the whole "I'm selling it to fund something I need/want more. Not because it's a piece of junk."
It's just a way of the seller assuring that they aren't selling it just to pass off a problem item on someone else.
I have no problem with it. I've even done it myself once or twice.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't matter to me what the money is for. What bugs me is all the pictures that are sideways or upside down. What's up with that anyway? I never had a problem posting a pic in the correct orientation.

Or the pics that don’t show someone’s toes! That’s missing out on a whole subset of American culture.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'm weird. I like to hear the stories.
"I'm funding my annual donation to the DNC" - probably going to skip that one.
"I'm taking the wife to Branson for the weekend" - Ok, I can get behind that. Plus I like to hear that some of you guys are getting out of the house from time to time and touching grass.

Sted-E Ed-E

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it speaks towards the whole "I'm selling it to fund something I need/want more. Not because it's a piece of junk."
It's just a way of the seller assuring that they aren't selling it just to pass off a problem item on someone else.
I have no problem with it. I've even done it myself once or twice.
These are my thoughts as well.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'm weird. I like to hear the stories.
"I'm funding my annual donation to the DNC" - probably going to skip that one.
"I'm taking the wife to Branson for the weekend" - Ok, I can get behind that. Plus I like to hear that some of you guys are getting out of the house from time to time and touching grass.

Careful on that part in bold....

....someone is likely to call someone else a "stoner."

Otherwise, I agree with your comments completely. It's finally greening up outside, so it is time to look for someplace to go take pictures.

Latest posts

Top Bottom