Why you should never go to a ftf sales meeting alone...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"The victim told police he was selling a gun to another man when he took the gun from him, shot him in the leg, then fled. "

To be fair, the news article does not specifically say that he was shot with same gun that was stolen. It certainly alludes to it, but then again, news just isn't news unless its sensationalized right?

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ALWAYS have backup. I've always brought a friend and I'm always down for a ride if a friend needs the same.

When I bought the 1919, met the dude at McDonalds. Had a buddy with me and I got out to check the gun over with the seller and handed the seller the cash. As he started counting the pile of cash, he got to about $1,500 and started slowing down his count...then started looking around....and by $2,000 stopped and looked at me "Holy ****, I just realized I'm unarmed. You got a gun, right?"
Um, yeah...we're good.
He wasnt so worried about ME apparently, but other people seeing that gun sitting there and a dude counting out a pile of cash.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, he never got the money... but Tulsa PD got the shooter:
Man Arrested Following Shooting Outside Tulsa QuikTrip

It's easy to be a know it all after the fact, but I wonder if there were any "bad deal" indicators that the seller missed or ignored prior to the meet up. I've done more than a few face-to-face transactions and most of them have been perfect. However, I have said "never mind" to a couple that gave me a weird vibe.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
THEY DID NOT GET THE SHOOTER!
No need to yell. I'm not sure the report is accurate. If they arrested this guy, excluded the juvenile and are still looking for the shooter then that would mean that there were three people in the SUV. Besides, if the juvenile in the SUV had a gun, why wasn't he arrested for possession? I think the problem is sloppy writing by the reporter (or more likely a newsroom intern.)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Note to self.....Keep an eye out for the sniper when TJ is around.
He brings his own security..

atlantablackstar.com_wp_content_uploads_2014_10_wannabe.jpg

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no idea how many deals I did with OSA members back in the day with no "back-up". Most of those deal were with folks I only knew from their posts here.

That said, a bunch of us met up at BassPro one morning to make sure a member here who was doing a craigslist deal didn't get jacked. The kid doing the deal with him was SO freaked out -- especially when that black and white with a uniformed officer pulled in right behind him. We went to IHOP after and had breakfast. It was pretty funny!

My how times have changed. You couldn't PAY me to meet up with one of you yahoos now. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom