Why you should never go to a ftf sales meeting alone...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only had 3 FTF deals with OSA members, but never had any cause for concern, and all items were as described.

Only time I was treatedly badly on a gun deal was by the local gun shop where I'd previously bought 4 firearms. I guess number 5 was the charm. Don't plan on ever going back there.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've gone alone most times, but always armed. I firmly believe you can get a good feel for the person you're dealing with by your conversations, even if they're mostly text messages.

Correct spelling and complete sentences go a long way to making me comfortable I'm dealing with a genuine grown up. All but one of the folks I've dealt with have had more gray hair than me, so I wasn't too concerned!

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You want a joke?

IMG_2121.PNG

IMG_2120.JPG

I'm old enough where I don't care to **** around and get robbed

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds spectacular. I was afraid you were one of those guys who popped up on a forum with a comment like "I'm ready to die" cuz you couldn't find the remote or something.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few years ago, this local guy heard of someone selling a flat bed trailer and 10 spools of Red Brand barbed wire.
He got a number, called and discussed the price. Guy was selling it because he was moving (wanted about a 1/4 what it was worth) and they agreed to meet on a well know road between Coal and Pontotoc county at 10 pm that night (road is just in Coal county.)
Guy showed up and yep, it was his trailer and wire. Stolen a week before from his ranch near boggy. The local had brought the sheriff and a few deputies to help him with the transaction.

Later he told me he wanted the guy in Coal county because that's where he lived, where the stuff was stolen from and local juries that aren't fans of thieves, particularly people that steal from farmers and ranchers.
Best FtF I've ever heard of.

Latest posts

Top Bottom