Why you should never go to a ftf sales meeting alone...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few years ago, this local guy heard of someone selling a flat bed trailer and 10 spools of Red Brand barbed wire.
He got a number, called and discussed the price. Guy was selling it because he was moving (wanted about a 1/4 what it was worth) and they agreed to meet on a well know road between Coal and Pontotoc county at 10 pm that night (road is just in Coal county.)
Guy showed up and yep, it was his trailer and wire. Stolen a week before from his ranch near boggy. The local had brought the sheriff and a few deputies to help him with the transaction.

Later he told me he wanted the guy in Coal county because that's where he lived, where the stuff was stolen from and local juries that aren't fans of thieves, particularly people that steal from farmers and ranchers.
Best FtF I've ever heard of.

Whoa! Nicely played!! :clap3:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few years ago, this local guy heard of someone selling a flat bed trailer and 10 spools of Red Brand barbed wire.
He got a number, called and discussed the price. Guy was selling it because he was moving (wanted about a 1/4 what it was worth) and they agreed to meet on a well know road between Coal and Pontotoc county at 10 pm that night (road is just in Coal county.)
Guy showed up and yep, it was his trailer and wire. Stolen a week before from his ranch near boggy. The local had brought the sheriff and a few deputies to help him with the transaction.

Later he told me he wanted the guy in Coal county because that's where he lived, where the stuff was stolen from and local juries that aren't fans of thieves, particularly people that steal from farmers and ranchers.
Best FtF I've ever heard of.

Have you seen the Coal county courthouse? I drove down there for work not long ago and it was closed due to the sewer backing up and flooding it. If the jail is similar there is some sweet justice in this post.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you seen the Coal county courthouse? I drove down there for work not long ago and it was closed due to the sewer backing up and flooding it. If the jail is similar there is some sweet justice in this post.
Ha! They had a bond to build a new jail, a couple of years ago, because the jail was out of compliance. Most of the sewer issues are caused by inmates. When it gets flooded, the prisoners have to do the clean up and the taxpayers have to pay the cost of the damage. The bond failed because the taxpayers still consider jail as jail. Not a comfortable place for reflection. They sure as hell aren't going to pay for a new facility that the prisoners will continue to screw up.
It looks like a jail. It's old, small rough and mostly looks like Jail.
Most folks don't want to got back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom