Wife wanted a new rifle with a wild card caliber!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not a big fan of some of the wild card caliber that are out on the market. I have always been a big fan of 5.56 and .308
The 300 BLK, .458, and the .50 beowulf has not been anything I wanted to go after. (I did own a Remington Micro 7 in 300 BLK, and a .458 AR but they both moved on to a new home) With the small amount of time I did have a shop open with my wife helping me, she did picked up a lot of info on guns and wanted to get something that not everyone had. Kinda the way I am. I want something off the wall. As my next rifle is going to be a HK Clone belt fed gun.

When I asked her what she wanted, she said she wanted a gun that a good friend of mine just came out with.

Now I am not going to get into the MFG of this just yet!!! As I am not sure what name he is going to put it under and not sure when he wants to let it go on the open market. Not trying to push sells for this rifle on OSA but if someone would like to come take a hands on look at this, just PM me and I can set up a time. If I have more ammo maybe we can get some range time in with this.

But here is the info on the rifle. Upper and lower are AR-10 milled Spikes tactical, the caliber is .50 Krater. Had to be made off of the 10 platform with the case being longer then the .50 beowulf. The YHM Rail on this rifle is made for the AR15 and not the AR10. Has a custom made barrel nut to take this rail.

The ammo is 300 rum, 7mm rum, and 338 run brass. May also take the .375 Rum brass. I am not suew as I need to check into that. Cut down the brass put reloader 7 in it and ram a 500 S&W bullet into the case.

This has not been tested to the max just yet but so far it touches holes at 75 yeard @ 2600 FPS.

As I said, I am not a big fan of the wild cards, but I can not wait to take this pig hunting. May even take it with me if I ever go on a buffalo hunt!!

The Rifle-

AMMO- 5.56 on the left to see the size...

I would like to hear your thoughts on this one. Good, bad, or ideas. Thank you for your time. JB

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I seen of it, it is!! I can not wait tell I get my arm fixed where I can get back on the range. I want to see what this will do. I want to max it out!! LOL

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
OP do you mean wildcat calibers? I have always heard that, never wild card. Maybe you are talking about something different, I don't know. I'm not an expert, I'm just trying to figure out - are these oddball offshoots called both? Wildcat and wildcard? Or are we talking about something different?

Latest posts

Top Bottom