Will a snake keep gophers away ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

OK, after supper, I went out and checked the 4 traps I set this morning. I had gophers in two of them and both were still alive. I found that surprising and one of them put a bite on my glove -- glad I was wearing one. I had to dispatch them and toss them into the woods. I set two more traps on other mounds and will check them out tomorrow.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have found the same. These traps trap them and don't kill them typically. They work so good that they catch them around the shoulders instead of behind them that will suffocate them.
Its working, so thats whats important.

OkieGentleman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If my wife had a choice of 12 gophers or on king snake, she would hand feed the gophers to keep them happy. I thought the world was being struck by a comet when she saw a small snake in our yard. NOTHING would do but I chase down this THREAT to life and limb and kill it. I was glad the little sucker was so quick and went under the fence, but then I had to face the scorn of a very upset redhead who accused me of not taking her safety seriously. The fact that I was laughing did not help any. LOL

I just thought of something. How about the power generator exhaust? I bet that thing puts out carbon monoxide like crazy and should not be that hard to adapt to a hose. Noticed mine and the neighbors all have an end on them about 1 inch in diameter with a screen to keep out trash.

Last edited:

Stoneman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If my wife had a choice of 12 gophers or on king snake, she would hand feed the gophers to keep them happy. I thought the world was being struck by a comet when she saw a small snake in our yard. NOTHING would do but I chase down this THREAT to life and limb and kill it. I was glad the little sucker was so quick and went under the fence, but then I had to face the scorn of a very upset redhead who accused me of not taking her safety seriously. The fact that I was laughing did not help any. LOL

I just thought of something. How about the power generator exhaust? I bet that thing puts out carbon monoxide like crazy and should not be that hard to adapt to a hose. Noticed mine and the neighbors all have an end on them about 1 inch in diameter with a screen to keep out trash.

Prolly be worth a try. Run high enough RPM to cool it, not many p/u around without cat converter.

Stoneman. deNAM. 67/68

Latest posts

Top Bottom