Wilshire 100 yard range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering if any here have used the 100 yard range at Wilshire? Is it with it? Is it standard shooting lanes or do they have actual shooting tables where one could set up a bipod, seat, squeeze bag and really put in effort?

Thanks

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took my neice once when time was very limited before deer season. She hadn't been around guns a lot and never indoors before. Before then she had shot .22 rimfire, .410 ans .243. She succesfully deer hunted 2 seasons but I wanted to verify she could shoot well enough for the upcoming season.

Someone in the next lane or 2 lanes over had a obnoxiously loud muzzle brake and she flinched every time that gun was fired so bad we left after 2 shots. She hasn't deer hunted since. She lives to far away to have a lot of opportunity to shoot.

It is a nice facility, but IMO (the 100 yard range) is best to go shoot a little bit, but not the best for any duration.

IIRC it has a table style and and chairs. One could use a rest or benchtop bipod.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took my neice once when time was very limited before deer season. She hadn't been around guns a lot and never indoors before. Before then she had shot .22 rimfire, .410 ans .243. She succesfully deer hunted 2 seasons but I wanted to verify she could shoot well enough for the upcoming season.

Someone in the next lane or 2 lanes over had a obnoxiously loud muzzle brake and she flinched every time that gun was fired so bad we left after 2 shots. She hasn't deer hunted since. She lives to far away to have a lot of opportunity to shoot.

It is a nice facility, but IMO (the 100 yard range) is best to go shoot a little bit, but not the best for any duration.

IIRC it has a table style and and chairs. One could use a rest or benchtop bipod.

That sucks but good on you for trying. I think outdoors is much better for new shooters and/or rifles.

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice facility. Cost is HIGH. $30 HR. If your just doing a quick check of sights, good enough for 100yds as it is 100yds. Beyond that ?????. At that price there's not much barrel cooling and cold shot performance testing. Just enough time to make your barrel glow and go. Pay+5m to set up+2 sight adjustment @ 2-4m=just enough time for 7-3 shot groups or 3-5 shot groups if you hustle. Oh ya, you don't get a full 5m between strings either. Bench set up poor. Short of room to work adequately and is a common, light weight build connected to the other shooters benches so that you can actually measure the far shooters gun recoil if you bolt your vibra-sensor to your provided micro bench or feel your teeth chatter as you lock in cheek weld to your stock and another shooter squeezes off. Buy a football mouth piece before you go. They only sell ear plugs there. Bring your own tripod support but be sure to add 2m set up and that may take away another string shot. "But that's all good!?!?!? Right?!?!?!" After your done you can legally drink and forget the $100+ you spent ($30 range $30-50 ammo $20 alcohol) to make your gun slightly more trust worthy than a good bore sighting job. TTTTell mmme yyyyour rerereresults.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll never step foot in there for the reasons mentioned. If your have new shooters in the family or shoot 2-3 times a week like we do join a gun club. You won’t regret it. We spend a lot of time at OKCGC. Definitely look into it, and ask questions if you consider joining one of the many gun clubs around the state.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I HAD a 7 mag with a muzzle brake. NEVER fired it inside. Outside I tried to stay on the end and keep at least 3 spaces empty.
A buddy wanted to shoot my rifle and I discovered just how loud it was, when standing off to the side.
Luckily, our club had a 16' tower stand at the end of the firing line. I never seen anyone use it, but me.

Good on you helping her. That other guy didn't do her any favors.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I know this post is a couple months old, but if she ever wants to give it another shot, I'd be happy to have both of you as guests at the Gun Club.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know this post is a couple months old, but if she ever wants to give it another shot, I'd be happy to have both of you as guests at the Gun Club.
Incredible offer. I appreciate it completely. The situation at the time made Wilshire seem to be the only option. My sisters family lives 3 hours away from me in the NE part of the state. The places I have to shoot are in Western OK. Daylight was in short supply and I didn't have anywhere to shoot in the Tulsa area.

She has a SW 15-22 and a .410 shotgun she shoots when she is out here. I wish I could convince her to shoot a .20 gauge. I have to pull tricks to get .410 shells.

Latest posts

Top Bottom