Wilshire 100 yard range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Incredible offer. I appreciate it completely. The situation at the time made Wilshire seem to be the only option. My sisters family lives 3 hours away from me in the NE part of the state. The places I have to shoot are in Western OK. Daylight was in short supply and I didn't have anywhere to shoot in the Tulsa area.

She has a SW 15-22 and a .410 shotgun she shoots when she is out here. I wish I could convince her to shoot a .20 gauge. I have to pull tricks to get .410 shells.
I am happy as well to host you and she as my guest at the OKCGC. Can't help on the 410 but I do have a soft shooting 20 gauge semi auto and a 243 she is welcome to shoot with supervision. I have ammo for both she is welcome to use.

Gypsy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like how it went to 100 yards. Was able to sight in irons and a red dot. Someone shooting an AR in the lane next to you (if you aren't well within your stall) might make you flinch for a few rounds. Felt a bit rushed packing my stuff out as I didn't want to be charged for the second hour. I was about 5-10 minutes over the hour and was only charged for the hour. The guy at the counter said they wouldn't charge for the second hour unless you were well into it.

They have a table you can bipod down on, as well as chairs, and a table behind you that you can set things on. They didn't seem to mind rapid fire, but I was putting all my rounds on target. I'll go there again before I see what's up with H&H. I'm going to have to zero a LVPO, as well as my red dot and irons on my PTR-91.

It cost $35 and some change for an hour at the 100 yard range and four targets. I brought my own ammo. They check to see if it is magnetic.

It's worth checking out.

Last edited:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am happy as well to host you and she as my guest at the OKCGC. Can't help on the 410 but I do have a soft shooting 20 gauge semi auto and a 243 she is welcome to shoot with supervision. I have ammo for both she is welcome to use.
Thank you for the kind offer! I appreciate it. I don't have a semi auto 20 gauge but do have a youth pump 20. Since I have the youth deer hunt every fall I have a variety of .243 rifles at hand.

She harvested a doe and a buck with my youth Browning Xbolt .243.

We are approaching the months with more daylight and she will be out of school. I have a single shot .300 blackout that is suppressed. Shouldn't be hard to convince her to shoot it. I may offer 5 of the .410 shells per gong hit with the .300 BO.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for the kind offer! I appreciate it. I don't have a semi auto 20 gauge but do have a youth pump 20. Since I have the youth deer hunt every fall I have a variety of .243 rifles at hand.

She harvested a doe and a buck with my youth Browning Xbolt .243.

We are approaching the months with more daylight and she will be out of school. I have a single shot .300 blackout that is suppressed. Shouldn't be hard to convince her to shoot it. I may offer 5 of the .410 shells per gong hit with the .300 BO.
I'm also 1/2 way between you and them. Your welcome to be my guest at the Ponca City Gun Club anytime. We can shoot all day for free and I do have a Rem 1100 lite 20 she can shoot at our trap range or stretch the rifle out to 300.

Trung Si Ma

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drive up from Lawton when I'm sighting in a new scope on my ELR Vudoo. With 60MOA of rail I like to make sure it's on paper at 15 yards or so before moving to 50 yards to zero. Then it's out to 100, crank in 1.8 mils of elevation and verify the 100 yard group. Working a precision zero is always fun with the abundance of brakes, but it is nice to not have to facto in the effects of wind on that .22LR bullet.

N5JBD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was wondering if any here have used the 100 yard range at Wilshire? Is it with it? Is it standard shooting lanes or do they have actual shooting tables where one could set up a bipod, seat, squeeze bag and really put in effort?

Thanks
I went there last week and it's a great range with good people. I shoot benchrest and was able to setup my front rest, rear bag etc with no issues. Even though I live in Tulsa I'm buying a membership so I can practice weekly at 50 yds regardless of the weather.

N5JBD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was wondering if any here have used the 100 yard range at Wilshire? Is it with it? Is it standard shooting lanes or do they have actual shooting tables where one could set up a bipod, seat, squeeze bag and really put in effort?

Thanks
Kind of late to the party here but I drive from Tulsa to shoot at Wilshire weekly. I bring my full benchrest setup and practice regardless of the weather. Friendly folks, well kept lanes and I can grab a bite to eat before driving back to home. After moving back to Tulsa from NE Texas I was very disappointed to find there was not a single 50yd indoor range in the city.

Latest posts

Top Bottom