Wilson Speed Chute

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodman2112

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for those with experience with the Wilson Speed Chute. How much if any "fitting" was necessary? I have the CQB compact and have the speed chute on the way, so I'm not looking for the pros and cons of a magwell, I'm just wondering if Wilson makes these parts close to "drop in" and go on their own pistols.
Olyeller??

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of Wilson's stuff will almost "drop in." I don't there's actually any such thing as a "drop in" part for 1911s. :disappoin

Personally, I think a better magwell is the Smith & Alexander one piece well/MSH.

http://www.smithandalexander.com/guides.html

awww.smithandalexander.com_images_mg1.jpg

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The wilson wont perfectly match your mag opening, but it probably will be better than no magwell.
If you can use a file or two, you can improve the fit and the smoothness of the opening and match the two and remove any edges.
GED is right; the S&A is a much better option. The only reason wilson and others make them in two pieces is that S&A has the patent on the 1 piece design.

rodman2112

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you can use a file or two, you can improve the fit and the smoothness of the opening and match the two and remove any edges.
GED is right; the S&A is a much better option. The only reason wilson and others make them in two pieces is that S&A has the patent on the 1 piece design.

Too late for me on the S&A (I've already ordered the Wilson). Assuming that I don't go overboard with the file, will I have to refinish the frame?

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any of the 'chutes (Wilson or S&A) can be either left unfit, lightly full, or full gunsmith blend. If you are handy with precision files, you can possibly accomplish the light fit without a huge amount of time. This light fit will avoid the need to refinish the frame, but you'll need to be careful. A little masking tape inside the frame well is a good idea.

The Wilson Gunshop full blend is a work of art; unless you are very talented you won't equal.

Make sure your grips are well anchored down with the Wilson unit. If they can rattle around, they may damage the 'Chute.

BTW, the opening area of the Wilson happens to be exactly as large as an S&A.

Latest posts

Top Bottom