Winchester value pack 100rn 9mm issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnusmc03

New to the site!
Reaction score
My name's Mark, this is my first post. I hope it's in the correct forum. I've been shooting the Walmart winchester white box value pack 100rnd 9mm stuff for awhile. I've never had any issues until today. Is it NEW ammo or factory reloaded? I ask because the headstamp is different than normal (I police my brass to reload it)AND I found an empty case in the box with cleaning media stuck inside. It had a fresh primer just no bullet or powder. I just thought is was odd that it's gone from WIN9mm headstamp to a WCC nato cross headstamp, and with the empty case to me was a reload since it had cleaning media in it, and their quality has seemed to decline alot lately. Any thoughts?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My name's Mark, this is my first post. I hope it's in the correct forum. I've been shooting the Walmart winchester white box value pack 100rnd 9mm stuff for awhile. I've never had any issues until today. Is it NEW ammo or factory reloaded? I ask because the headstamp is different than normal (I police my brass to reload it)AND I found an empty case in the box with cleaning media stuck inside. It had a fresh primer just no bullet or powder. I just thought is was odd that it's gone from WIN9mm headstamp to a WCC nato cross headstamp, and with the empty case to me was a reload since it had cleaning media in it, and their quality has seemed to decline alot lately. Any thoughts?

News to me; but welcome to the forum.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought some WWB in .45 and noticed the packaging is different. Maybe they have changed something? I did not notice any difference in the headstamps though. Maybe they won some military contract so they are just making everything in target loads to those specs to cut costs.

johnusmc03

New to the site!
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. I wasn't sure if I should be paranoid that Winchester would be selling reloads as new due to my finding that empty case. I've never seen an ammo factory at work, so it's probably very automated which could let some stuff slip through the cracks. Either way I like reloading it so it's win-win.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
not unusual, I've got some Remington 17rem. with the primers in backward from 35 years ago.
nobody's perfect.
as for the tumbling media, win tumbles their loaded rounds and I see the stuff stuck around the edge of the primers all the time.

on pheasants forever tv last night they toured the federal shotshell plant and said they made a million shells a day.
making that many a few bad ones have got to slip thru.

Latest posts

Top Bottom