Wisconsin protest, a sign of things to come?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riper1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that other than police & fireman unions there is no reason for govt unions, police & firefighters put there asses on the line everyday for us, they dont know when there going to be hurt or worse, but unions are the reason many of our best & largest companys have left the USA, also these teachers in wis make double the wage our teachers make in ok, ok teachers pay 5 times as much for health care than these wis teachers pay, I say fire them all for violating there union contracts and the fraud they have commited, remember the traffic controllers? so to you people worried about your union retirement pensons, try funding your own thru a IRA or 401 and watch it get 45% wiped out by the stock market crash of 2008

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ironic how many working people have been turned into advocates against their own self interests.

Big Business keeps mixing their Kool Aid and you all keep gulping it down. Just don't complain when it is your life that is devastated by the practices of your Corporate Masters. You sowed the wind, and soon you'll be reaping the whirlwind.

eellis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh that so is have you been in a Fortune 50 datacenter? Or maybe did a ride along with an AC repairman, or maybe went and posted something unrelated to the post you were responding to?

I was commenting on the skillset . If you would read the post . All your fireman police officers and teachers ,well not all but the majority of them belong to a union so if you are saying union members have a lack of skills then what's that say about your Childs education ? I think I will comment on whatever post I want to! You don't like my opinion don't read it!

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
posted this awhile back with zero response....
thought it may be more appropriate here.

hard data like this is seldom seen.

look at the numbers ... There are now more American workers in unions in the public sector (7.6m) than in the private sector (7.1m), although the private sector employs five times as many people

http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109907

Public-sector unions have had a good few decades. Has their luck run out?

THE past 30 years have been dismal ones for the labour movement. In the American private sector trade-union density (ie, the proportion of workers who belong to unions) has fallen from a third in 1979 to just 7% today. In Britain it has dropped from 44% to 15%. Nor is this just an Anglo-Saxon oddity: less than a fifth of workers in the OECD belong to unions.

There is one big exception to this story of decline, however: the public sector. In the Canadian public sector union density has increased from 12% in 1960 to more than 70% today. In America it has increased over the same period from 11% to 36% (see chart). There are now more American workers in unions in the public sector (7.6m) than in the private sector (7.1m), although the private sector employs five times as many people. Union density is now higher in the public sector than it was in the private sector in its glory days, in the 1950s.

amedia.economist.com_images_images_magazine_2011_01_08_fb_20110108_fbc859.gif

http://www.economist.com/node/17849199

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ironic how many working people have been turned into advocates against their own self interests.

Big Business keeps mixing their Kool Aid and you all keep gulping it down. Just don't complain when it is your life that is devastated by the practices of your Corporate Masters. You sowed the wind, and soon you'll be reaping the whirlwind.

Well, you know what they say about opinions and a**holes.

A little self employment might change some perspectives here. Seems too many want to make somebody pay rather than take the risk on themselves. The only difference between the hard working business owner and the hard working employee is the appetite for risk.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're admonishing me about risk and working hard? That's laughable. You're talking to a business owner with multiple employees and a seven figure advertising budget. I risk more in a month than most people do in years. But oh I forgot, because I am a lawyer it is somehow different.

Well, you know what they say about opinions and a**holes.

A little self employment might change some perspectives here. Seems too many want to make somebody pay rather than take the risk on themselves. The only difference between the hard working business owner and the hard working employee is the appetite for risk.

eellis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with you dr tad but in my union we are not allowed to strike and we have gone to arbitration and lost when it was very obvious that our city officials were lying and that was the end of it we would have to spend copious amounts of money in court fighting these issues . It would be written in plain sight in our contracts and they would still fight us on it . I promise I could give you hundreds of examples of things they have fought us on and none of them have anything to do with wages.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
also these teachers in wis make double the wage our teachers make in ok, ok teachers pay 5 times as much for health care than these wis teachers pay, I say fire them all for violating there union contracts and the fraud they have commited,

the cost of living is higher in Wisconsin

http://www.cityrating.com/costofliving.asp

and checking their salaries... use the drop down to select teachers, pick a county..

http://www.postcrescent.com/article...66/DataMine-Search-Wisconsin-teacher-salaries

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was commenting on the skillset . If you would read the post . All your fireman police officers and teachers ,well not all but the majority of them belong to a union so if you are saying union members have a lack of skills then what's that say about your Childs education ? I think I will comment on whatever post I want to! You don't like my opinion don't read it!

It was obvious to most that he was talking about his line of work. It's apparent that it was not obvious to all. My child isn't educated by a union employee either, thanks for playing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom