Wisconsin Schadenfreude

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas____90393_600.jpg

LAWL, That's kinda contrary to the monetary evidence posted in this thread, no?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will have to find the figures again, but several days ago I read about how the unions had poured millions into the recall election. A lot of it from out of state.

What the unions are really pissed about, since the WI reforms have gone into effect including making union membership voluntary, public sector union membership has dropped almost 50% in that state.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, go find the figgers, Rick. Go find those figgers. I think you'll find that walker spent a lot of out of state money.(or out of state money was spent on his behalf)
Citizen's United, all perfectly legal. Legal. Nobody is saying otherwise.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, go find the figgers, Rick. Go find those figgers. I think you'll find that walker spent a lot of out of state money.(or out of state money was spent on his behalf)
Citizen's United, all perfectly legal. Legal. Nobody is saying otherwise.

Yes he did, he also raised more in-state and had a bigger turn out. That does not change the fact that the lefties and unions did the same things, and are just mad because this year for the first time in a long time the right is raising more money then they are. Heck outside unions spent close to $100,000.00 on ad buys against the Lt. Gov alone and she did not raise anywhere near the money that Walker did.

I will keep trying to find those figures. IF I remember correctly (which I may not) Outside unions spent around $19 million for Walker's recall.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So did you miss the part where the challenger was subject to donation limits that did not apply to the incumbent or are you willfully ignoring it?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So did you miss the part where the challenger was subject to donation limits that did not apply to the incumbent or are you willfully ignoring it?

Oh, c'mon PG! This is a bona fide David slaying Goliath.

(we'll ignore the fact that this time, we gave David a AR 15, and Goliath the sling and tied an arm behind his back)

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could, maybe...just a hypothetical.

It could serve as a deterrent against frivolous recall elections....maybe? In other words, you better make damn sure you have a good reason, and good support behind you before you attempt to undo a previous election, out of cycle. Otherwise, do it like everyone else and wait for the next election. Recalls should be the exception, not the rule...

The petition process seems to be enough to prevent a "frivolous" recall election...

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Neither. You notice I keep saying that the unions spent on Walker's recall election but nothing about supporting the challenger? There are reasons for that. When I get more time later I will post the facts that I can dig up, but I do remember that there was someone else the unions supported first and that most of the money was not spent to support the challenger but to attack Walker before whats his name became his challenger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom