Wisconsin Schadenfreude

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cdn.head_fi.org_7_76_76d31508_c851d40e_Derail_1.jpeg

Oh my gawd. All I wanted to do was have a wisconsin recall schadenfreude thread and all you yahoos have to start going on and on about how much money was involved, and the particulars of fundraising, and who was bought the most and by how much, and what significance this has, if any, for Obama.

People this isn't hard. With the exception of the gloating, all of the above is irrelevant. Just come to gloat. Go inconvenience some electrons and start your own thread about how Barrett got kept down by the man or how the Koch brothers are the next saviors of our republic. I don't care.

We. Are. Here. To. Gloat. About. Public. Sector. Unions. Getting. Pwned.

Let me show you all how its done

See? Not hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't heard the reasoning behind removing donation restrictions during recall elections, but I can't think of a reason that it would be a good idea. I REALLY can't think of a reason to restrict challengers but not restrict incumbents.

I could, maybe...just a hypothetical.

It could serve as a deterrent against frivolous recall elections....maybe? In other words, you better make damn sure you have a good reason, and good support behind you before you attempt to undo a previous election, out of cycle. Otherwise, do it like everyone else and wait for the next election. Recalls should be the exception, not the rule...

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think there is a simple answer, a large percentage of voters are tired of 'public servants' getting higher pay and benefits NOT generally available in the private sector using the voter's money. Many people are simply sick of government largesse at their expense, compounded by the fact that government is a freedom and liberty thief.

Most people would not care if it was not being funded with tax dollars. Government jobs, with some notable exceptions like mil and public safety, produce nothing but bureaucratic asspain and excessive regulation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom