Witnessed open carry at the Lowes in Yukon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a guy @ WM last fall with a neat open carry rig and a nickel S&W K-Frame with stag grips. Cool! The other one I saw last fall back in my SE OK hometown was someone I knew to be too piss-ignorant and obnoxious to qualify as the village idiot.

I carry a pistol most of the time and have a good rig for open carry that I have had for 30+ years for woods, etc. I could carry it for OC I guess, but I don't feel a need - yet.

Cedar Creek

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have only seen a couple. But I have OC many times. One time at Walmart a woman came up to me and asked what would stop a bad guy from just taking my gun out of my holster. I showed her the button that has to be pushed to release the gun. That it wouldn't be easy to do for someone not knowing about it she thanked me for explaining it and left having a good feeling about it. It is a Blackhawk serpa cqb holster. And by the way, you guys making comments about how dumb and unsafe OC is, just stop. There is no merit in what you are saying. Could an OC be shot first yes, but i have never heard about it. I CC most of the time but i do OC.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our homeowners assoc had a meeting last fall for families in the neighborhood to discuss organizing in a more formal way. 2 homeowners showed up open carrying. Some parents expressed to me and a friend they feared for their children and family being there with those 2 present. They left. We had a law enforcement officer present and a firefighter. Many CC people find such actions as these 2 displayed as disgusting and without merit. The president of the association told me any future meetings would carry a notification that open carry firearms are not to be present.

"Disgusting and without merit"...since when does anyones lawful activity have to meet your standard of "merit"?

Is your HOA run by a bunch of scared little bitches? Under what authority are they going to ban open carry at their meetings? Are the meetings held on property owned by the HOA?

I don't open carry, and personally don't seen the need for it, but your attitude and the attitude of your sniveling little HOA is actually what is disgusting and without merit (if you're serious and not just trolling...).

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meetings are now held in private homes now. The president is a conservative and is a he not a she. He chews tobacco, builds hot rods, and owns cattle which he keeps on 20 acres a few miles away. He respects the feelings of others. He does not feel offending others does anything to promote the neighborhood.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Disgusting. Did they serve quiche at the meeting? What kind of neighborhood are you stuck in? When the president of the association told you that, could the OCers hear her?

Carry how you want ..I aint skeert...Leave the Quiche out , its pretty good stuff , just puffed with some crisp BaCoN.

Why, its almost better then..Moose nu.,.liver

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meetings are now held in private homes now. The president is a conservative and is a he not a she. He chews tobacco, builds hot rods, and owns cattle which he keeps on 20 acres a few miles away. He respects the feelings of others. He does not feel offending others does anything to promote the neighborhood.

Judging by that description...he's no "conservative".

This case highlights everything that sucks about HOAs AND faux conservatives.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Oh, OK. So being a conservative means he/she/it respects gun ownership, as long as it's in the closet.
If your HOA had two "men" cohabitating,(I suspect it may) would the HOA pres feel comfortable asking them to refrain from PDA at the meeting? I mean, some knuckle-draggers on here would be offended by two men swapping spit, but it is their right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom