Wood spool shooting bench

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get these for free when I want, thought about doing that to one as I'd seen it last year but they have a lot of nails and staples in them and afraid of what it would do to my saw blade, I've got a couple now that we just use for tables in the back yard.

Sawsall with a demo blade, then smooth the edges when done.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get these for free when I want, thought about doing that to one as I'd seen it last year but they have a lot of nails and staples in them and afraid of what it would do to my saw blade, I've got a couple now that we just use for tables in the back yard.

That's what a Sawz-All is for...

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I always keep my old circular saw blades to use in this situation. Just slowly cut the items and when done throw away the blade, safety glasses, gloves and protective work clothes are a must....... Hot metal will leave marks lol.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Use a demolition blade and sawzall. Made to cut lumber, nails, shingles, and all.
You will never know it's there.

Get 2 and i will cut them

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a "smaller" spool yesterday. 38" diameter and 28" tall when set on end like a table. Should be a good table for range bags and such.
There's 2 more that are bigger that will make their way over here in the next week.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a "smaller" spool yesterday. 38" diameter and 28" tall when set on end like a table. Should be a good table for range bags and such.
There's 2 more that are bigger that will make their way over here in the next week.

Tell us how you anchor those seat posts when you get them all built. I’d think they would need some bracing, but I don’t know how you’re planning on attaching them.

I’d like to build one of those. Not sure “build” is the correct word there, but I’ve got a friend with a range at his lease and he’s currently using some cabbaged together tables & chairs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom