Wood spool shooting bench

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Physocles

Marksman
Reaction score
For anyone wondering, I just showed up to our range after a couple weeks absence, and they had upgraded all of their old benches to these. I love them--really nice to shoot off of.

They used boxed 2 bys for the seat supports and everything was solid. I didn't feel any wiggle at least.

Only thing, be sure you don't drop anything down the middle, it'll be major trouble getting it out again. I'd probably figure out a plug solution or just cover it with something.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check with the power company they use to just give them to you to get them out of their way. I got one once that was 8 ft in diameter to make a picnic table out of for a coworker.
I know it's a bit of a drive but you can also check with the "Property Office" at Ft. Sill (call first). They almost always have empty cable drums to give away.

A few years back I got one, knocked a few of the side slats out, covered the top in plastic, and the inside bottom with hay and used it as a large dog house. Dog loved it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom