Woodstock Occurred in the Middle of a Pandemic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The difference is, we were not so law suit, blame somebody if I get a hangnail crazy. We were tougher and did not try to blame every single bad thing that happened on our government. They did close some things during some pandemics and during others they did not. I think it all depends on how bad the doctors first say it is going to be.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
December of 1968, I had just gotten back to the States from serving in Pakistan, and then was stationed north of San Francisco until October of 1969. Somehow, we (my new bride and I) managed to avoid this event. To be honest, I don't think I remember anything about it. Maybe it was all an east coast thing.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some say the Spanish Flu helped end WW1 as most of the soldiers and politicians were too sick to continue.

Hypotheses about the source of the flu have varied but investigative work by virologist John Oxford and his team identified one of the camps on the Western Front as being at the centre of the flu outbreak. So how significant was the influenza outbreak on the casualties at the end of the First World War?

“In the American Army it was hugely significant. I mean more American soldiers died of the influenza than died from German action.” Says Professor John Oxford, a virologist and expert on influenza.
https://www.open.edu/openlearn/hist...t-was-the-impact-spanish-flu-on-the-armistice

Latest posts

Top Bottom