worlds first plane made/powered by hemp is 10 times-stronger than steel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont know much about it, just learned this recently. China and Norway has built on as well.

Lets just say I call hogwash. We can't build solar panels in the US that will pay back.

Today, solar electricity has reached grid parity and in most locations is cheaper than utility electricity. ... However, what makes solar panels worth it, are the robust federal, and state incentives. The Federal government offers a tax credit of 30% of the cost of a qualifying solar PV installation.
The solar is government subsidised just like the stupid wind farms. If our government took the subsidies away from solar and wind, we would have a million monuments of the legacy left on our prairies and hill tops.

That's our tax money subsidising this debacle and you all think it's a good thing?
As a land owner we have been approached by a wind farm company to put a couple of towers on us as part of their project.

Company Rep spelled out how great it was going to be and how much money we would make as part of the project.

Even though the wind farm company said we were locked in on prices for damages etc because that is what our neighbor agreed to, we went to a lawyer and found out that it's all negotiable. We could double the price our neighbor got.

Another question was what happens when the tower is decommissioned when it becomes obsolete or unusable.

Nothing in the contract to cover that. It becomes a monument with the landowner.

Estimates put the tear-down cost of a single modern wind turbine, which can rise from 250 to 500 feet above the ground, at $200,000 . With more than 50,000 wind turbines spinning in the United States , decommissioning costs are estimated at around $10 billion

Guess what, When the government removes the incentives it will be a debacle of law suits.

The company that wanted to put towers on us dropped us like a rock after we confronted them with a contract that included removal of decommissioned towers.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lets just say I call hogwash. We can't build solar panels in the US that will pay back.

Today, solar electricity has reached grid parity and in most locations is cheaper than utility electricity. ... However, what makes solar panels worth it, are the robust federal, and state incentives. The Federal government offers a tax credit of 30% of the cost of a qualifying solar PV installation.
The solar is government subsidised just like the stupid wind farms. If our government took the subsidies away from solar and wind, we would have a million monuments of the legacy left on our prairies and hill tops.

That's our tax money subsidising this debacle and you all think it's a good thing?
As a land owner we have been approached by a wind farm company to put a couple of towers on us as part of their project.

Company Rep spelled out how great it was going to be and how much money we would make as part of the project.

Even though the wind farm company said we were locked in on prices for damages etc because that is what our neighbor agreed to, we went to a lawyer and found out that it's all negotiable. We could double the price our neighbor got.

Another question was what happens when the tower is decommissioned when it becomes obsolete or unusable.

Nothing in the contract to cover that. It becomes a monument with the landowner.

Estimates put the tear-down cost of a single modern wind turbine, which can rise from 250 to 500 feet above the ground, at $200,000 . With more than 50,000 wind turbines spinning in the United States , decommissioning costs are estimated at around $10 billion

Guess what, When the government removes the incentives it will be a debacle of law suits.

The company that wanted to put towers on us dropped us like a rock after we confronted them with a contract that included removal of decommissioned towers.
Dennis there is new technology in solar now days, Making the pannels/cells 95% efficient as apposed to the 40% of yesterday. And they are a ton less expensive to make.
This I do know.

PJM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I may have joked a little in the first post. If there is a feasible and economic way to produce hemp deasil I don't think shelf life would be an issue as it would not hang around long enough to go bad. On the solar thing that is correct there have been improvements in the tech to make it at least break even in cost verses electric production. So is this good well I guess if you live where electricity is reasonably priced probably not a must do thing. If you live in the communist parts of this country then yeah because utility costs can easily be double what they are here, and this I know from experience.
Now call me suspicious or what ever but any time the gov is behind microprocessor controlled any thing the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife did a bit of researching a while back. Come to find out, "renewable" energy only made up about 25% of the global generation. What was amazing to find was that hydro-electric generation was about 17%, leaving only about 8% globally that could be generated by wind and solar.

Latest posts

Top Bottom