Would be purse snatchers held at gunpoint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I re read the article. Its so vague and only says he was armed. It didn't say if he used his gun or how? I didn't watch the video, does it explain better?

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I re read the article. Its so vague and only says he was armed. It didn't say if he used his gun or how? I didn't watch the video, does it explain better?

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

Cliff notes:

Passenger in a car tries to snatch purse through window.

Lady holds on to purse as car reverses and get "dragged"(used by reporter), more like pulled she never gets actually dragged, due to not letting go.

Guy in another car steps out(we don't see him step out or pull his gun, media cut the video short).

Next clip is phone video of him standing over the two guys from the car with a pistol drawn on them. He has them sprawled out in the parking lot on their stomachs.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Serious question: If he had shot the bad guy would he be justified? If not, why was is okay to pull a gun then?

Really how many times do cops pull their gun when they can not. " justifiably" shoot someone?

Don't take this the wrong way as I respect a lawman's job, but many will pull their gun long before they are in danger.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really how many times do cops pull their gun when they can not. " justifiably" shoot someone?

Don't take this the wrong way as I respect a lawman's job, but many will pull their gun long before they are in danger.

Didn't say it was ok for cops either. It's an empty threat. Are you(general use) seriously going to shoot someone that poses no threat so you can hold them for the cops?

Shoot me if you want while I walk away, if you don't kill me we'll see who's in more trouble after.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am surprised the guy who drew on them wasn't charged with anything.

The video indicates it is KHOU 11, which seems to indicate this location for the incident is Texas, not Oklahoma.
If it is Texas, then you need to read the Texas laws on use of deadly force, which are very different than Oklahoma's.
Use of deadly force to stop a forcible crime or to stop the fleeing criminal is authorized in Texas, as is the right to use deadly force to protect property.
Property owners have shot people trying to steal the copper from their air conditioners, and have shot fleeing robbers in the back on the streets without any charges filed in Texas incidents.
Oklahoma is one of the more restrictive states on use of deadly force.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Exactly again.

There's video in General Discussions of several LEO's with various weapons pointed at a woman who is in shorts and a t-shirt with her hands behind her head, and on her knees.

http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?196408-Police-chase-RV-in-Oklahoma

Latest posts

Top Bottom