would this be concidered class 3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...jYjMwYTMtYTg1MC00NzVhLWI3NmMtZDRiNTMzNzdhMzUx

Read last question on 3rd page. From everything I have read, the AFG is not a *vertical* forward grip for *griping with your non shooting hand*.

Either way, with how much argument I see over the subject... Im not the type to tempt fate. And alas, I would cut out the half step and just get my stamp for a SBR.

But to keep adding fuel to the fire:

A firearm with a barrel shorter than 16" that has a 26" OAL or longer is typically classed as a handgun at the federal level. However, adding a foregrip to such a firearm means that the gun is no longer designed to be fired with only one hand, so it no longer qualifies as a pistol. This puts makes it a federally unclassified firearm and exempts it from both the 16" requirement and vertical foregrip prohibition. It is NOT an NFA item.

http://www.franklinarmory.com/XO-26_Letter__c_.pdf

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ATF does not consider an AFG to be the same as VFG. I don't think it is an NFA item.

^^ this, however, if you were going to own one, It wouldnt hurt to call the local ATF field office and ask, they will tell you.

Also, you wouldnt want to SBR it, IF it fell into NFA guidlines, it would be AOW, which is a 5 dolla tax stamp, not 200, like an SBR.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^ this, however, if you were going to own one, It wouldnt hurt to call the local ATF field office and ask, they will tell you.

Also, you wouldnt want to SBR it, IF it fell into NFA guidlines, it would be AOW, which is a 5 dolla tax stamp, not 200, like an SBR.
My reference to SBR is just my choice... I dont have much use for an AR without a buttstock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom