Would This Piss You Off, or Is It Just Me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found a very special car for sale near Tulsa that is basically a factory build race car. I emailed the company that built it and the owner called me back Thursday afternoon. I asked him when could I get with him and see the car and he said he wasn't sure. He was having a medical procedure done Friday so it would be sometime Saturday. I said that I would check with my wife and call him back that afternoon. When I called him back he said he thought that the car was sold and the money was supposed to be wired to his account Friday. He said that he would have his wife check the account Friday and call me to let me know if the car sold or not. So around 3:00 pm Friday I called his cell and he had to get his wife to check the account and he would call me back. He called me back and said the money was wired and it was sold. Yeah I'm still pissed. The reason is that if he had told me that he had other buyers or first one with the money gets it I could have driven to Tulsa Thursday afternoon and put the cash in his hand. He strung me along I guess to have a backup buyer in case the other deal fell through. He gave me the impression that he really didn't want to deal with it until after his procedure on Friday. Another thing is he and others on the webpage that they hoped the car would be sold local and stay in the community. His last posting stated that it had been sold ,said the car was being shipped to New York.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it were something I really wanted, yeah, I'd be irritated that the seller didn't let me know. If I had had the option to drive up more expediently and was willing to do so, yeah. I've had similar situations happen with a deal or two here where I didn't realize someone else was "tire kicking" when I was ready to deal and they held the gun for the tire kicker. Sucks sometimes, but oh well. Sorry you missed out on the car.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be slightly irritated, but in the big boy world, the one with the fastest cash wins. If I held out for to sell for everyone that said they'd be by 'tomorrow ' to pay me, I'd still be holding most of my goods.

I'd be upset, drink some whiskey for an evening, and get up the next morning and start my search all over again. Or call Mr New York and see if you can pay him a grand or two more than the final selling price to leave it in Oklahoma.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guy may have been dishonest to you, but honest to the other guy. If he agreed to sell the car to the other guy, would of it been the right thing to sell it to you because you are local?

Latest posts

Top Bottom