Would This Piss You Off, or Is It Just Me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I buy/sell cars and trucks as a side thing, err hobby. Happens. I know exactly what he did, Ive done it myself, doesn't make it right but its just all part of it. I'm 3rd generation car guy and I remember my dad getting upset at deals he didn't get a hold of. Wish I had a dollar for every deal I missed. Same goes for guns and guitars/amps which I also buy a lot of.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think this one is just you. You have every right to feel angry - you feel what you feel - but zero right to be righteously angry (IMHO).

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's ok to be mad. Did the same thing except I had twenty two one hundred dollar bills in my pocket and drove three hours with a trailer to buy a Honda CB 250 K4 Classic only to have it sold out from under me. No call and no apology. This and he knew I was on the way because I had called him that morning.
Called when I got there to get directions to his house when his wife told me (hell he wouldn't even get on the phone) it was sold. Long story longer, a guy from a vintage honda channel offered him $200.00 more and he took the deal.
A week later he called me back to see if I still wanted it. I said only if he dropped the price $200.00 to cover the now two trips I would have made. No deal.
Oh well.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Steelfingers ,I had the same thing happen to me years ago. We drove to OKC to buy a dirt bike for my son and they knew we were on the way and they sold it. What really got me was the spineless sob had his wife answer the door and I could see his feet sticking out around the corner. As far as " Waiting on the next one " there isn't a next one. You just don't find cars like this that often. As far as being the first one with the money . I could have been at his door within 90 minutes with cash , had he said so. I'll get over it but , I doubt I'll find anything like it for sale within 100 miles again. I really wasn't looking when I found this one. I'll finish building my 13' Sport, it's paid for.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Steelfingers ,I had the same thing happen to me years ago. We drove to OKC to buy a dirt bike for my son and they knew we were on the way and they sold it. What really got me was the spineless sob had his wife answer the door and I could see his feet sticking out around the corner. As far as " Waiting on the next one " there isn't a next one. You just don't find cars like this that often. As far as being the first one with the money . I could have been at his door within 90 minutes with cash , had he said so. I'll get over it but , I doubt I'll find anything like it for sale within 100 miles again. I really wasn't looking when I found this one. I'll finish building my 13' Sport, it's paid for.
Hobby of mine in the past was restoring vintage Honda's and like you, when you get a great find, you get all sappy about it, particularly when it's what you're looking for. Barn finds and partly restored with clean tanks and original parts is the mother lode and when you lose it to fair dealing is ok. To have it ripped out when a deal is made, whole different story.
Yep....You should be pissed.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've won a "buy it now" auction on GunBroker for a very rare dream gun only to have it sold out of the store front. Got a very polite email apologizing for not mentioning that stipulation in the description. It was very irritating

Latest posts

Top Bottom