WOW, veterans ordered to lower flag...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this! They were forced to remove the cross off of the city seal because someone was butthurt and offended by it. We've become a nation where if one person gets offended by it, but 200,000 others like it...it gets removed.

Seems to be true only if the butthurt is experienced by a leftie and caused by a rightie.

Or maybe not...

I'm tired. This crap makes my head hurt. Nevermind.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You think because they are here legally, they must be citizens? Out of the 4 Mexicans that work in my proximity, one became a citizen, one is working towards it, and 2 that plan to go back to Mexico in the near future.

A visa/greencard most definitely does not equal citizenship. Continue to call folks retarded, though. It's classy.

Ok, so me assuming a person here would have citizenship if a legal immigrant might have given them too much credit. But further reinforces how ignorant California is then. Given your statement even people who are here to milk money from our economy with no plans of staying here should have a right to be in a jury deciding American citizens fate? Yep, I still have a problem with this. And others should too. If you wanna vote, be on a jury or be involved with any other things that will effect American citizens directly you should have a valid citizenship.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Given your statement even people who are here to milk money from our economy with no plans of staying here should have a right to be in a jury deciding American citizens fate?
You're not so much with the reading, are you, Mike? All I asked was three words...the first of which was "permanent." It's a legal status defined by government; hell, I even linked to the Customs and Immigration Service's definition.

While you're not reading, you might also want to not read the text of the Sixth Amendment, which states, in pertinent part:
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed...
The jury pool is prescribed as the the people where the offense occurred; that is, the local community. It says nothing of citizenship; further, the fact that the Constitution uses the word "citizen," or some derivative thereof, no fewer than thirteen times indicates that the drafters knew how to use it when they meant it. If they didn't use it, then it is presumed that they didn't mean it.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
1) It sounds like you're flying Old Glory, not the (politically-charged) Gadsden flag.
2) You're flying it from your own flagpole, not a city-owned pole in a public park.

Details matter; reading helps.

I have flown the Gadsden flag, and the POW-MIA flag. I have had folks living around me tell me it offends them. I've told them to go to court if they hate it so much. We don't have a HOA, so they can pound sand.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
im·mi·grant
/ˈimigrənt/
Noun
A person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country.

those two are not immigrants

Yeah, I found that definition, too. It seems you left out a word to prove your point, though.

im·mi·grant
[im-i-gruhnt] Show IPA
noun
a person who migrates to another country, usually for permanent residence.
an organism found in a new habitat.
adjective
of or pertaining to immigrants and immigration: a department for immigrant affairs.
immigrating.

I went ahead and copied the whole thing, so there wont be any confusion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom