• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

WTB junker muzzleloader for wall hanger in my cabin.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
How about a pic of the wall hanger thing with muzzleloader proudly displayed? I had one, until some slimy low-life decided he wanted it more than I did a few years back.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
First, let me say POKE1911 is a very nice stand up kinda man.

He GAVE me the muzzleloader....would not take a dime for it. Another benefit of being a member of the OSA...the great members you meet.

The only marking on it is Spain. I suspect it is a Jukar. Probably 40/45 cal. With a little tlc, I'm sure it could be made to fire again(good winter time project).

I am a big fan of the 1800 to 1840 rendezvous era mountain men beaver trappers, hence my little trappers cabin. It sets across the creek in a wooded area of my property. It does have some creature comforts the mountain men wouldn't have had (electric/propane) but no plumbing. You cannot see my home from the front porch and I like to set there and pretend I'm in the rockies and watch for marauding Blackfeet. Hey, I'm an old man and I can pretend whatever I want :) It is locked, but no one has ever bothered it. More than once I have set there (especially in the early mornings when I take a bottle of water over there and make me some percolator coffee) deer have come up the creek and pass perhaps 35/40 yards from the porch.

I kept a good muzzleloader over there for years, but the cabin is not temperature controlled. Only heated in winter when I am in there fooling around. Between the temperature and lack of humidity controls, it certainly is not the perfect enviorment for used muzzleloaders. Black powder is very hygroscopic and no matter how clean you keep them, they can bloom (rust).

Never, ever put away a muzzleloader after a firing session without cleaning! And check it monthly or so.

Ok, I've rambled enough...here's some pics.
20180818_191154.jpg

Attachments

• cab12.jpg
    cab12.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 106
  • cab7.jpg
    cab7.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 102
  • cab12.jpg
    cab12.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 110

Latest posts