Yes, Bartertown is down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am just an old guy here and a few years ago (way before the major hard drive crash) I decided it was time to get my CC license. Started doing some research and found this OSA site. At that time there was a lot of great carry information, great thoughts on carry attitude, great situational awareness tips. great opinions of firearms, and various additional great opinions on topics of all the above pertaining to firearms. Then, lots of opinions on open carry, opinions back and forth, etc.

Many on this site dedicated time, effort, and money to promote CC and then OC to get us where we are in Oklahoma, thank you again.

Well it seems many major hurdles have been jumped, and overall we are in pretty good condition as far as the legal issues in comparison to many states. Yep, we could be better, but we are certainly not at the bottom of the list.

Then the attitude seemed to change. Personal attacks seemed to be the first priority of some people. When detecting that, I just clicked off and moved on to other posts.

Bartertown started up with some old familiar names. I bounced back and forth, each site with their own personality, not much different than Smokingmeatforums.com vs Amazingribs.com, or AOPA vs EAA for flying, except for the back biting and personal attacks that are not on any of those sites. Never even seen anything leaning that direction. Just good people enjoying their hobby and sharing information and opinions.

I thought the Boiler Room would be a place for the jackals to play and do their slam back and forth thing of bashing each other around, like the cussing contests in Grade School. Boiler Room sounded like a good idea to me. Pick the category you want to look or be involved in and go for it, something for all, even the overly religious types if that is your thing to fit your attitude of the day.

I though we were all here for the primary topic of firearms. Yes other subjects creep in with many adding opinions, like the election, yes a big deal, yes diverse opinions. To me, offering your opinion or asking for others opinions is just being friendly. Attacking others because of their opinions is different, has a negative feel to it.

These attacks have seemed to have infiltrated into way too many posts with attackers trolling and basically stalking other members to find a way to bash them whereever they post about any topic.

I have heard the statement that some here are "thin skinned", well that might be, or it might be that many of us here have had to put up with more than our fair share of BS in life and now we are fed up and have had enough. Done with putting up with BS.

To me this site and BT owners own their sites. Their site, their rules, period. They select moderators to moderate as the owner chooses. Cry, whine, *****, bash, or leave, it is not your site. You want something different, go somewhere else or start your own.

A few jerks with nothing else to do but starting bashing contests should not be allowed to spoil it for the many other very good people here, or that moved to BT to get away from the BS here for that matter.

Self appointed self importance has never impressed me much

Just one person with one opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom