Neat, we're putting up paywalls to be here now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Place for all political and hot topic discussions. R-rated discussions. For access, become a OK Shooters Supporting Member.

We now have to pay to access parts of the forum? I mean, I can still see stuff, but I figure eventually admin will figure out the mistake and remedy it. Why have the prices of everything on this forum gone up so much, and things changed? It makes this place feel like another money grab. I know hosting a forum isn't cheap, but this is just a little much I feel.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It should be required because some of the political stuff probably should be limited to just our group of regulars...I use this in place of social media but as I understand it, you can have "groups" on social media that limit internet trolls from seeing it. Also, it eliminates the owner of the site being blamed for posts they do not agree with but still allow to be expressed. That's my 2 cents.

To clarify, I'm not saying paywall for 100% site access, but for some things it makes sense to me...political forum and maybe the classifieds? I don't think the whole internet should be able to browse our classifieds.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It should be required because some of the political stuff probably should be limited to just our group of regulars...I use this in place of social media but as I understand it, you can have "groups" on social media that limit internet trolls from seeing it. Also, it eliminates the owner of the site being blamed for posts they do not agree with but still allow to be expressed. That's my 2 cents.

To clarify, I'm not saying paywall for 100% site access, but for some things it makes sense to me...political forum and maybe the classifieds? I don't think the whole internet should be able to browse our classifieds.

If it comes to that (pay for any access) it will be time for me to move on.

I've "donated" or been a "supporting member" on 3 different forums. They all went tits up right after I paid. They were all sports boards. I believe there are members here that were on all 3 of those boards. As I recall, that's how I found this place.

If parts of the forum become pay to access, I'll just avoid those sections. I'll not pay for access again. I was a victim once. I was a dumass 2 more times. I'm not gonna get got again.

I've mentioned before. This is the only board I frequent. It will be the last. I'm z member on a couple others, but it's just for info gathering only. CMP & S&W are the only 2 I can think of. There may be 1 or 2 more, maybe.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it comes to that (pay for any access) it will be time for me to move on.

I've "donated" or been a "supporting member" on 3 different forums. They all went tits up right after I paid. They were all sports boards. I believe there are members here that were on all 3 of those boards. As I recall, that's how I found this place.

If parts of the forum become pay to access, I'll just avoid those sections. I'll not pay for access again. I was a victim once. I was a dumass 2 more times. I'm not gonna get got again.

I've mentioned before. This is the only board I frequent. It will be the last. I'm z member on a couple others, but it's just for info gathering only. CMP & S&W are the only 2 I can think of. There may be 1 or 2 more, maybe.
Well I agree with you that the entire board should not be pay to play...I was just weighing the options of a few sections, and as you say, one could avoid using those if they didn't need them. My opinion is mostly based on walling off nosy people who are not established members from areas that they don't need to see unless they plan to contribute to them. I know there are pros/cons to everything and of course in general I'd like as much free stuff in life as possible.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you hit the wrong button. It's not required.

Apparently it does now.

1674763479347.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom