Yesterday I met the victim of the accidental shooting at 2A

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was out at Red Castle yesterday and got to talking with another shooter at the pistol range. Turns out he was the victim of the accidental shooting at 2A a few months back. It was great to speak with him hear the story. I've posted it here for a couple of reasons. The first reason is safety as well as accident prevention and I'll get the second reason later.

It was the gentleman's first visit to an indoor range ever and he left as a gunshot victim. He had gone to the range with a very good friend who was firing a G26. The shooter had fired the gun in a normal range target session and then swung the gun back down and into the firing line. He obviously still had his finger on the trigger since when at the end of the downward motion, the gun fired and a bullet entered the victim's right leg. The bullet exited the right leg and entered the left leg, stopping at the femur but not before cracking it. Two weeks after the incident, the victim was back at work doing most everything he could do before. He is totally amazed and thankful that the injuries were not worse. Needless to say, his friend (the shooter) feels terrible about the incident. He was cuffed and detained by police for an hour after the shooting while he wanted to get the hospital to be with his buddy.

Fortunately in the lane next to the victim was a police officer and a medic. They immediately attended to the situation. A woman shooting that day used a tampon she had in her purse to slow the blood loss. Whatever it takes. The victim loves shooting and has in no way slowed down. He has a membership to Red Castle and goes often. Class A guy. I really enjoyed speaking with him.

So, #1: WATCH YOUR TRIGGER FINGER. If you are not actually firing the gun, get that @#$% thing off the trigger.
#2: 2A was in no way responsible for this incident. This was just one of those unfortunate things that happen and it could have easily been prevented if #1 had been followed.

AGI

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let this be a reminder to all of us to follow rule number 1 of gun safety: Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until you re ready to fire.

Hope he recovers fast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom