You can take one watch in to the field, what is it going to be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another vote for Casio, take your pick, Rangeman, Mudmann, 5600 series, 6900 series.

If you want to go down a rabbit hole..... TOP G-Shock Model List — Complete Guide | 2023 Updates

Luminox, and seiko and citizen have some affordable divers that are built REALLY well for the money.

Other than that, there are several tough watches out there it seems....

Some that I've come across that seem to be built like tanks...... of course.... Rolex..... but if you're getting up there in price, look at Marathon and Sinn. Sinns have models built out of submarine steel and use their tegimented process.

I like that luminox and the marathon as well.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Marathon is one my short list and may be my next watch. The SK Seiko would be if they hadnt discontinued it and street prices are too close to the Marathon price. The SK007 is going for 2-3 times the price they could be had new. Seiko no longer makes a true dive watch. 100M water resistance is it on the Seiko 5 line. Orient is nice, and actually owned by Seiko now. True dive rated, and great quality for the money. I have two luminox watches. Faces scratch too easily, and too expensive to maintain for their price point, lume goes out way too soon. Breitling and Sinn are mentioned, but at that price point, I am thinking investment piece. At that price I am going Tudor, holds it value better. Rolex would be next. Prices are stupid right now. I have a two tone Wimbledon inherited, so it will stay in the family, not my style though. In the market for a Pepsi GMT or Sub. Not paying grey market prices though, and very picky about who I'll buy from used, but its buy when I can, because if I wait much longer, it will be unobtanium.

Latest posts

Top Bottom