You can take one watch in to the field, what is it going to be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is this a challenge? I may have to try. My chronomat has been in a duck blind, sewer line and under the French cuffs of a tuxedo shirt all in the same day…
I'm too chicken **** to bring an auto where this goes. One of the GSSF masters that was at the Red Dirt shootout had a Speedy he wears daily. Said he's never hurt it and I'm sure this dude runs a few 100k rounds a year.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
If money is no object then I'd like one of these; TISSOT T-TOUCH CONNECT SOLAR | Tissot

1683997923195.png

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm too chicken **** to bring an auto where this goes. One of the GSSF masters that was at the Red Dirt shootout had a Speedy he wears daily. Said he's never hurt it and I'm sure this dude runs a few 100k rounds a year.
I’ve shot a ton with my sub, played a bunch of golf, swim and fish at the lake with it, hunted with it, and wear it everyday to work. Never had an issue

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve shot a ton with my sub, played a bunch of golf, swim and fish at the lake with it, hunted with it, and wear it everyday to work. Never had an issue
If you can accept the fact it’s going to get scratched, a Rolex really is tough as nails. Their steel is as hard as most anything out there. I take my watch off for just one thing (wink at Sally Field) and unfortunately it hasn’t come off much lately.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another vote for Casio, take your pick, Rangeman, Mudmann, 5600 series, 6900 series.

If you want to go down a rabbit hole..... TOP G-Shock Model List — Complete Guide | 2023 Updates

Luminox, and seiko and citizen have some affordable divers that are built REALLY well for the money.

Other than that, there are several tough watches out there it seems....

Some that I've come across that seem to be built like tanks...... of course.... Rolex..... but if you're getting up there in price, look at Marathon and Sinn. Sinns have models built out of submarine steel and use their tegimented process.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I hear this ‘watches don’t like gunfire’ or ‘watches don’t like the hit of a golf ball’. So, does a guy not wear a watch during those times or just say wa hat the heck?

Latest posts

Top Bottom