Your cool and interesting ancestors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 1906 my great grandpa John Bullard dug the basement of the First Methodist church in Garber with a team of mules. Drag scoop and a shovel.
At the battle of Okinawa, my great uncle Johnny Gimble Miller became a 5 plane ace, shot down two zeros over the island and returning to the carrier Belleau Wood, low on fuel and ammo and trying to keep his shot up plane flying, intercepted 3 Jap Betty bombers Kamakazis heading towards the fleet and splashed all 3. When he landed his plane it was so shot up they dumped it over the side of the ship. He was awarded the Navy Cross and Purple heart, he said to me, "I had a hell of a fun day."
My mom's little brother John Bullard flew A1 Skyraiders over Vietnam from the USS Midway and USS Ranger doing close air support, a good friend of mine was 101st Airborne and we figured out that his unit got help from Uncle John at Trung Luong in 1966.My friend got a Silver Star that day.
My dad was the radio man in a half-track spring 1945 for the Military Governor with the 9th Armored Div at Remagen bridge.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 1906 my great grandpa John Bullard dug the basement of the First Methodist church in Garber with a team of mules. Drag scoop and a shovel.
At the battle of Okinawa, my great uncle Johnny Gimble Miller became a 5 plane ace, shot down two zeros over the island and returning to the carrier Belleau Wood, low on fuel and ammo and trying to keep his shot up plane flying, intercepted 3 Jap Betty bombers Kamakazis heading towards the fleet and splashed all 3. When he landed his plane it was so shot up they dumped it over the side of the ship. He was awarded the Navy Cross and Purple heart, he said to me, "I had a hell of a fun day."
My mom's little brother John Bullard flew A1 Skyraiders over Vietnam from the USS Midway and USS Ranger doing close air support, a good friend of mine was 101st Airborne and we figured out that his unit got help from Uncle John at Trung Luong in 1966.My friend got a Silver Star that day.
My dad was the radio man in a half-track spring 1945 for the Military Governor with the 9th Armored Div at Remagen bridge.
That's some awesome history great men. great family. and yes that would be a fun day!

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my office, I have two sabers hanging on the wall over my desk. One is from the civil war (Confederate side), and I'm told, belonged to my great, great, grandfather (or something like that), and has been passed down thru the generations, along with the middle name of Lee! The other belonged to my father, who was a naval officer (LTJG) during WW2. One of my grandsons also carries the middle name of Lee and will be the next recipient of the saber.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my office, I have two sabers hanging on the wall over my desk. One is from the civil war (Confederate side), and I'm told, belonged to my great, great, grandfather (or something like that), and has been passed down thru the generations, along with the middle name of Lee! The other belonged to my father, who was a naval officer (LTJG) during WW2. One of my grandsons also carries the middle name of Lee and will be the next recipient of the saber.
My roommate here in Stillwater, his grandmother is a Lee, they all lived in Tennessee. He said that Gen Robert E Lee was a pretty close relative to her

Latest posts

Top Bottom