Another good man passes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Our Uncles that served are getting older real fast.

I had 4 Uncles that served and admired every one of them. We only have one left and he is well into his 90's.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you lost your Uncle, sounds like he was a great guy. On another note, I loved it when we called for air support and Skyraiders would show up, they almost always hit the target which wasn't true of many other types.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you lost your Uncle, sounds like he was a great guy. On another note, I loved it when we called for air support and Skyraiders would show up, they almost always hit the target which wasn't true of many other types.
Friend of mine was 101st Airborne in 1966, told me A1s from The Midway saved their butts, it possibly was my Uncle Johns flight. I have another great Uncle John who he was named after who got Navy Cross and 5 plane ace in one day at Okinawa flying off the Belleau Wood

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Uncle, Commander John Bullard USN retired died last night. He was my hero as a kid.
He flew hundreds of combat sorties and close air support missions in A1 Skyraiders over Vietnam off the USS Ranger and USS Midway in 1964-67.
He was a squadron commander at Pensacola, having risen up through the ranks from enlisting during Korean war.
When I was a little guy I got to sit in the cockpit of his A1 at Vance AFB when he flew home for my Great Uncle Kenneth's funeral.
He grew up in Waukomis Oklahoma, and after he retired from the Navy he ran the Otasco store in Hennessey. He was an avid shooter, loved to quail hunt.
He gave me awesome mentoring and even helped me get home drunk when I was a teenager and didnt tell my mom, his sister. Good guy with incredible life experiences.
He once got busted at Subic Bay drunk joy riding on a shore patrol Harley. Cool as James Dean....
I"m sorry for your loss....I wish I could have known him.....he came from a great generation.....

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, may he rest in peace.

Taps_being_played.gif

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely. The skyraiders could carry tons of munitions and they saved many thousands of lives on the ground before being overran. Your uncle was a genuine hero.
May he RIP knowing he did his duty and saved lives.

Latest posts

Top Bottom