• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Youth .22lr rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sted-E Ed-E

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I’ve been wanting to pick up a youth .22 for my nephews to practice with. Preferably a model with a magazine and optics mount, but I’d look at pretty much anything, small enough for a 5 y/o. I know you can find them in stores pretty readily, but I figured I’d look for a second hand one since kids out grow them so quickly.

Thanks OSA!

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Going to be hard to find anything that's not a single shot for someone that young. I'd recommend looking for something like an old Marlin/Glenfield Model 75 (Carbine version of the Model 60) and cut the stock down.

Sted-E Ed-E

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Going to be hard to find anything that's not a single shot for someone that young. I'd recommend looking for something like an old Marlin/Glenfield Model 75 (Carbine version of the Model 60) and cut the stock down.
Yea I’m starting to realize that, however a “Mossberg 801 half pint “ would be perfect. I’m not completely against a single shot though. A savage rascal or a crickett would be great too. I like the chopping a stock idea as well…

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Yea I’m starting to realize that, however a “Mossberg 801 half pint “ would be perfect. I’m not completely against a single shot though. A savage rascal or a crickett would be great too. I like the chopping a stock idea as well…

From my experience go with the Rascal. The cricket cocking knob was so heavy it was impossible for my kids to pull it back. Sold it, got the Rascal and all was good.

Sted-E Ed-E

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
From my experience go with the Rascal. The cricket cocking knob was so heavy it was impossible for my kids to pull it back. Sold it, got the Rascal and all was good.
Good to know. I’ve handled a rascal and really like the safety (easy on hard off) and that it’s already drilled and tapped for a scope.
I think Big Boy's still has some of the Mini Mosins in stock....
That’s funny I was thinking about going to check those out as well!

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Good to know. I’ve handled a rascal and really like the safety (easy on hard off) and that it’s already drilled and tapped for a scope.

That’s funny I was thinking about going to check those out as well!
Keep in mind they are a cricket action. I'd test the pull on that cocking knob first... Take the little one with you and see if they can cock it if you can.

Latest posts

Top Bottom