1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Zeroed the Sightron scope today on the creedmoor

Discussion in 'Gun Club/Range Talk' started by steelfingers, Dec 8, 2017.

1. steelfingers

steelfingers Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Darn it was cold but I just couldn't keep from trying out the scope. Temp, at the outside range in Ada, was about 40 with a cold ass wind.
    Took a few shots to find paper but when I did, adjustments were spot on.
    Used a mixture of grains (not on purpose) just wanting to get it close until I can have some time to really work out the scope.
    Here's the results once I got it near center. Best groups were with the 140 grain hornady.
    Once I got it close, I called it a day. Not properly dressed for this activity..Ha!
    I'll take it.
    2 right one down (best group of 4, 3 together and one just high). Over adjust and have 2 one left one high. Adjust with the final 4.
    100 yards with Ruger American
    ada zero new scope.JPG

amcardon and kwaynem like this.
  2. mightymouse

mightymouse Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    You're getting there! What magnification setting? At higher levels of magnification (such as 32X), you may do better shooting at one of the four medium-sized dots on that target. It goes back to the old adage, "aim small, hit small". Keep up the good work!

3. steelfingers

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Had it at 32x off a bag. Set the target at 100 and had to take some holdovers/unders/left/right to get on paper. Even then I had to take a visual shot on the berm to get it to paper.
    Once I got the results I had, I called it a day. Too darn cold and the wind was picking up.
    I was pleased that the adjustment turrets were true. they are exposed turrets (that I like) and click is 1/4 moa. Nice

4. GlockPride

GlockPride Sharpshooter

Lots of times with new optics and high wind, you just have to get it close. Then when it’s 70 and no wind, put the final touches on it with the ammo you’re wanting to use. I had a couple like that I had to do with last Sunday. I have a CORE pistol with trijicon RM06 that’ll now shoot minute of face at 25 yards. And the new optic on the 15-22 that’ll shoot minute of tennis ball at 25 yards. I’ll “tune” them up a crank or two here and there as the conditions present, but they’re good for now.

5. steelfingers

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I'm really pleased with getting it close quick. This will be fun. Can't wait to get it tuned so I can start figuring out doping the scope for distance and windage.

6. beastep

beastep Sharpshooter

What did you put on the 22?

7. GlockPride

GlockPride Sharpshooter

Thanks for asking. A Vortex Sparc. The 7th Vortex we own. Can’t say enough good things about them.

8. beastep

beastep Sharpshooter

Cool. I had a Sparc II on my little girls AR 22 and a buddy offered to trade a Spitfire AR for it and I jumped all over it and I like the Spitfire a whole lot better. Im pretty much strictly Vortex myself.