Zimmerman back in custody

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess they got him after all. I can't relate. I've never killed anyone and then been subject to a nationwide witch hunt spearheaded by the president himself. Obviously the emotional strain took it's toll on his marriage and who knows what else. Just another chapter in a all 'round effed up situation.
His wife says the problem preceeded the Martin case, as does his criminal record. Domestic violence, resisting arrest, assault of a police officer.
These things were pleaded down to misdemeanors and have no bearing on the current case.
Sometimes people just have really bad luck. Sometimes they have it repeatedly. Who are we to judge?

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What about her father? He's the one that was battered. Wouldn't it be his choice to file?

The police chief in the central Florida town where officers are investigating a dispute between George Zimmerman and his estranged wife says Shellie Zimmerman doesn't want to press charges.

Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell said Shellie Zimmerman and her father made the decision Monday after consulting with her attorney, the Associated Press reported.

Police earlier said they were holding Zimmerman in "investigative detention" after receving a 911 call from his estranged wife.

A police spokesman later said Zimmerman and his wife were blaming each other for starting the fight at her father's home in Lake Mary.

In an audio recording of Shellie Zimmerman's 911 call, she can be heard saying Zimmerman smashed an iPad she was holding and cut it with a pocket knife, struck her father in the nose and threatened both while putting a hand on a gun.

"I'm really scared,'' Shellie Zimmerman repeated during the call.

Zimmerman was acquitted in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in a case that put a spotlight on Florida's self-defense gun laws.

Shellie Zimmerman filed for divorce last week.

Deputy Police Chief Colin Morgan said officers have not recovered a gun.

The dispute "was between him and his wife and her father,'' Morgan said. "There were some allegations that there had been an assault, but we could not confirm any of it. Witnesses do not want to speak to anyone until they speak to their lawyer.''

The 911 call, which Morgan described as a "domestic violence call,'' came in around 2 p.m. Monday.

Morgan said that when officers received the call, they understood it was from a house in the central Florida town where Zimmerman had been living.

"Of course we knew that's where George Zimmerman lived,'' Morgan said in a phone interview with USA TODAY.

"We've only heard one side of the story so far," Police Chief Steve Bracknell said, according to the Associated Press.

Morgan said Zimmerman was cooperative but has not spoken with police.

Orlando TV station WKMG reported that Shellie Zimmerman's parents, David and Machelle Dean, live at the home.

WKMG's SKY 6 helicopter showed at least a half-dozen police squad cars outside the house.

In the divorce petition, Shellie Zimmerman says she and her husband separated a month after Zimmerman, who is Hispanic, was acquitted of any crime for fatally shooting Martin, a black teenager, last July. The verdict sparked protests across the nation.

Zimmerman has been pulled over at least twice for speeding since his acquittal.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-gun-incident-florida-trayvon-martin/2788443/

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
His wife changed her story. I can tell she is a publicity hound trying her best to become a celebrity off of her husband. Its just sad really. He shouldn't even be in the news yet it is all you see. Just like his wife going on tv to talk about their divorce. Why in the world would you want to go on national tv to talk about your personal problems? Unless you are trying to make a name for yourself.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
His wife changed her story. I can tell she is a publicity hound trying her best to become a celebrity off of her husband. Its just sad really. He shouldn't even be in the news yet it is all you see. Just like his wife going on tv to talk about their divorce. Why in the world would you want to go on national tv to talk about your personal problems? Unless you are trying to make a name for yourself.

She's "needs" to be the long-suffering wife ... I HATE women like her ... :censored: So you married an arse ... Get divorced, get over it and move on ... :rolleyes2

Latest posts

Top Bottom