2013-14 Deer Season Success

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats Bassin that is a great deer, great story too. Way to get it done with a bow man!

Congrats 7stw on a great buck, definitely will make a great looking mount and a great story to go with him!

Congrats to you and your son Coach! That deer will be tough to beat, what a great first buck!

And congrats to the meat hunters too, way to lay em down.

Well said, congrats!

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
6mmBR shooting 95 Berger VLD.
Neck shot from 210 yards.
Can't find entrance wound, no exit wound. Instant kill with destroyed (tiny bone pieces all over the neck) spine - but I'm afraid 6mmBR just doesn't have enough oomph for deer sized game. Just IMHO.

Nice "working" older 10 point. G1 on both side broke, G4 and G5 on one side and G4 on the other side broke. Huge body and stinky! Was chasing a doe and punking two younger bucks.

i43.tinypic.com_6ss6zn.jpg

Dalyup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
6mmBR shooting 95 Berger VLD.
Neck shot from 210 yards.
Can't find entrance wound, no exit wound. Instant kill with destroyed (tiny bone pieces all over the neck) spine - but I'm afraid 6mmBR just doesn't have enough oomph for deer sized game. Just IMHO.

Wait a minute..............
http://i43.tinypic.com/2czavci.jpg

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats on the buck MoBoost, loaded those same bullets in a .243 for a guy this year, awaiting results to see how they do.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It's been a while since I got my own. I've been taking out friends and young ones for the past few years and getting them setup for a shot. We're heading out in the morning for round two!

I really like that Flambeau Boss babe decoy. It was the reason I had deer coming. Takes those little piss scent pads right behind the rear leg. You should of seen the way that buck locked eyes on that thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom