2013-14 Deer Season Success

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow stickey ! Nice bruiser. Congrats to 308bulletholes and your daughter as well as everyone else ! I got a doe down tonight from 302 yds. Here's what's left of her heart.

Attachments

• image-2382072258.jpg
    image-2382072258.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 142

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy landed this beauty near Claremore. Only thing I know is he has been trying for 3 years to get him........Been tracking him with game cameras. He got this with a bow......

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats to everyone on some great deer! Love to see the youngsters out knocking em down too! I headed out to the east Logan County farm this morning after a very long...cold...boring day yesterday during which I never saw a single deer. Here is more proof that it only takes one day and one hunt to get you back on track. This morning I got settled in a ground blind about 6:00 am, at 7:05, while I was just starting to pay attention I notice movement off to my right about 60 yards out, I see antlers, I see body, I see more antlers, its a shooter, I go into kill mode and he walks out about 55 yards in front of me, too easy really, I put it on him and shoot.....wait about 30 minutes, go out and look for blood, its overcast and cant really see much so I ease into the timber about 45 yards, a deer, a big buck jumps up out of its bed, my heart sinks, thinking I just bumped my wounded deer, I back out and wait an hour, its a little lighter now, Im thinking no way I just wounded this deer, I head back out to look. I find a good spot of blood..then another, and another and I know that I scored.....my buck was in a different direction than the one I spooked, I found him after a 50 yard blood trail, piled up and dead. Remington 788 in .308, I love that riflel 178pounds, a main frame 6x6 with stickers kickers and junk, a 9x7 with 16 scoreable points when all said and done. It was a good morning! Good luck to all.

What a great buck! Your right, one day can make a heck of a difference. You just proved it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom