911 Intruder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, from reading that Obit and the friends writtings, he was a well respected, polite, church going hard worker...not the typical drug head crook profile?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its kind of weird to me that he would be charged with murder 1. I think he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, because he is obviously a scum bag, but putting charges that don't fit the crime is a good way for him to get off scott free if they are not careful. If he has a lawyer with half a brain he will skate right out of that murder 1 charge.

First degree Burglary, B&E, Conspiracy to commit a felony and attempted murder/deadly weapon. all stacked on him sounds a bit more realistic.

just my $0.02, for what its worth.

It's called the Felony Murder Rule: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felony_murder 46 states have it, including Oklahoma. Essentially, if you are involved in the commision of a felony crime and anyone involved dies (including an accomplice), you can be charged with 1st Degree Murder.

Here's a question... if she was illegally squatting in the trailer, does that change her right to use deadly force in this instance? I think it's not as cut-and-dry... given that he was wielding a large knife and and she was a young, widowed mother with an infant, she could still be covered by standard self-defense laws instead of Oklahoma's castle doctrine, however.

Either way, if he was forcing his way in with a large knife on a woman he knew was a recent widow... he got what was coming to him.

Evicting a squatter requires a process be followed. A forced eviction is usually performed by a deputy sheriff. Even if the ranch hand was attempting an eviction (which doesn't appear to be the case), it wouldn't have been a lawfully executed one. The widow would've had every right that a legal resident would have.

i just wonder why the cops werent there within the 20 minutes she was on the phone with the 911 dispatcher? thats a pretty good amount of time, unless this was like way out in the country or something like that. can local PD respond to these types of calls outside of city limits? or does it have to be the sheriffs dept or highway patrol?

Having worked for a rural county sheriff's department previously, I can tell you that sometimes there may only be one deputy on duty at a time. Our county even had an "on call" deputy that calls were transferred to during non-peak periods. It could take as much as 30-45 minutes to respond from one side of the county to another. If the OHP trooper assigned to that county was on another priority call, it could easily take 20+ minutes. That's why you need to be self reliant if you live out in the boonies.

http://www.news9.com/story/16448996/accomplice-charged-in-blanchard-shooting-death

Stewart told police he and Martin devised a plan to burglarize the residence.

Stewart told investigators Martin knew Sarah McKinley's 58-year-old husband recently died of cancer and they expected to find prescription pain pills in the home.

Sounds like good peeps..................not

Ick. Did she call him grandpa in bed? On the other hand, we don't know the actual circumstances. While not common, it could have been a marriage of convenience. for all we know, he married her for insurance or inheritance purposes.

A point to ponder is whether this girl was viewed as an easy victim in the area. If she was abused, taken advantage of by an older man and then suddenly left stranded on her own, she might have been viewed as someone that could be taken advantage of with little to no repercussions. Perhaps someone that could even be forced into an abusive relationship. Regardless, stories like these usually have far more substance and sadness than makes the news. I feel for this girl regardless of the circumstances. Any 18 year old girl, left alone with a 3 month old infant in a trailer on a holiday, just a week after her husband died is a tragic set of circumstances. It's a damned shame that some bonehead and his buddy have compounded her misery. :(

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having worked for a rural county sheriff's department previously, I can tell you that sometimes there may only be one deputy on duty at a time. Our county even had an "on call" deputy that calls were transferred to during non-peak periods. It could take as much as 30-45 minutes to respond from one side of the county to another. If the OHP trooper assigned to that county was on another priority call, it could easily take 20+ minutes. That's why you need to be self reliant if you live out in the boonies.

I agree but in needs to be amended to say "That's why you need to be self reliant, period."

TPD sometimes takes a while too, not because they don't want to be there, but they can't make it there that quick.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good for her!! One more victory for the 2nd ammendment. It's not about duck hunting, its about being a scared young mother clutching a baby and a shotgun while some creepy dude that has been stalking you is kicking in your door in order to burglarize, rape, kill you and your child. Its about the right to kill that SOB as soon as he gets in the door. Because when seconds count police are minutes away, several minutes according to the article.

I hope this guys buddy gets what he intended to give when he gets to prison.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree but in needs to be amended to say "That's why you need to be self reliant, period."

TPD sometimes takes a while too, not because they don't want to be there, but they can't make it there that quick.
I rely on the LEO to take the report and to arrange to have the body removed...thats all, nothing else. They can take there time gettin to my house if they want.

Latest posts

Top Bottom