911 Intruder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good for her. Oddly enough this reminded me of the Dr. Who Christmas Special. A mother has a gun and 3 people hostage, one of the hostages says "There's nothing you could say that would convince me that you would ever use that." To which she replies "I'm looking for my children." The moral: Never, ever, ever threaten a good mother wtih a baby, she will tear you to bits (or shoot you in self-defense).

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've met Justin Martin personally. He helped me and my dad build fence on my dad's land out in blanchard this past summer. He worked on a ranch in the blanchard area. This young mother was living in what was supposed to be a vacant trailer house that was on the land that Justin worked on. The owner of the land had told Justin that he thought he had seen some traffic in the area going to and from the old trailer house, and had told Justin to go check it out. He was trying to gain entry to a trailer that he had the authority to enter. I don't know all of the details, but I think the news is chiming in a little to early, and the story is a little off. I'm not gonna go all out and say the woman was wrong, but there are more details here that are missing.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've met Justin Martin personally. He helped me and my dad build fence on my dad's land out in blanchard this past summer. He worked on a ranch in the blanchard area. This young mother was living in what was supposed to be a vacant trailer house that was on the land that Justin worked on. The owner of the land had told Justin that he thought he had seen some traffic in the area going to and from the old trailer house, and had told Justin to go check it out. He was trying to gain entry to a trailer that he had the authority to enter. I don't know all of the details, but I think the news is chiming in a little to early, and the story is a little off. I'm not gonna go all out and say the woman was wrong, but there are more details here that are missing.

Why didnt the second guy or the owner of the land chime in or go to someone about this? Why did the owner not know the water and electric were on? I would think something like that would have become known by now.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious, is there anywhere that would NOT be a legal shooting (assuming the guns were legal to begin with)? I mean, the guy had a 12 inch hunting knife.

Some of the answers are below:

Good thing she is in Oklahoma. New York, Chicago, or Commiefornia, and the story would read ' Young mother raped and killed'

New York, Chicago, and San Francisco could be problematic, as they have some firearms banned or extremely limited. Since this was a shotgun, it is generally more admissible than handguns in these restrictive venues.

I also wish to point out that California shouldn't be entirely stereotyped. One can defend themselves in their home there, and many counties are very supportive of and approve concealed-carry permits (as they are handled on the county level there).

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why didnt the second guy or the owner of the land chime in or go to someone about this? Why did the owner not know the water and electric were on? I would think something like that would have become known by now.

I don't know all of the details. Like they say, there are 3 sides to every story. His, hers, and the truth. I just wanted to get the second side out of the way... I just hope it gets investigated thoroughly, and they remember it's innocent until proven guilty. Not the other way around.

Also, if he got to the point he thought that someone was there he probably should have gotten law enforcement involved instead of going in himself. It's hard to know exactly what happened without being there. I don't know all the legalities of their actions, or what actually happened.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Granted, there are always at least 2 sides to every story, but he'd apparently made contact with the resident earlier that week (Or was it that day? Conflicting news reports) so there was no question that he already knew someone was living there. And, 21 minutes of 911 time, the noise of her dragging a couch in front of the doorway (Not mentioned in the news if there was verbal contact between them) and apparently a large knife in hand make for a pretty determined forced entry. He'll never make that mistake again.

To add, now that it's made national spam news, they've posted a pic of her wielding a side by side shotgun. Presumably the police took the actual weapon and I'm glad she has, or was given another, but it makes for a redneck worthy news pic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom