9mm AR owners, what mags work best for you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't remember at the time I built my 9mm that the Hahn top loader had the BHO feature, I didn't think it did. I also don't remember it being held in by the bolt catch, seems as if it was just inserted from the top into the magwell. Sounds as if they have changed that one a bit for the better, I'd definitely give it a try. The set screw on the bottom loaders is really just waiting to come loose and there is a bit of up down adjustment in them.

They have always offered this version as far as I know. They used to have three... top, bottom and dedicated. Now I believe they only offer the bottom and dedicated.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been using Uzi mags in my ru\ifle for some time now and love them! They are cheap and indestrucable and require very little to get them converted... I'm in Tulsa a lot these days, I can bring a few with me next time I'm there if you'd like to get a look at them, Cavedweller...

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been using Uzi mags in my rufle for some time now and love them! They are cheap and indestrucable and require very little to get them converted... I'm in Tulsa a lot these days, I can bring a few with me next time I'm there if you'd like to get a look at them, Cavedweller...

If you're gonna be at the next OCGC please bring them and your 9mm AR, I'm gonna pick up some UZI mags and attempt to convert them myself.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Uzi mags are actually really nice and run well. Only down side is they won't lock back. All ours were supplied direct from RRA though so I don't know how big of deal it is to modify them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom