A few things I had forgotten about Texas drivers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one thing I noticed about the texans was none of them got road rage from the above mentioned observations. Maybe I was lucky and didn't experience it, but from what I saw they all just cruised along ignoring these things. I have to admit I found myself doing some of it myself by the time I was heading north out of DFW area.:screwy:

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mexico City literally scared me to the point of almost pissin my pants.
Lines on the road mean nothing, drivers going against the flow of traffic at full speed, oh yeah, speed limits, forget it, police in Jeeps going around corners on 2 wheels, people in cars yelling and screaming at each other, driving on curbs and sidewalks was normal(pedestrians beware), many chingasos, ala madres, flying everywhere.

I grew up in Houston, so traffic does not scare me.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You haven't driven in Tokyo, or Seoul Korea. The folks in NYC are amatures.

I have not been to these places but Mumbai, India gets my vote for craziest place to drive. I can drive in Houston no problem. Anyone that thinks rush hour there is bad need to take one trip thru Jakarta, Indonesia. That place is GRIDLOCK 24/7. 11:00 at night is not any less congested than 2 in the afternoon and a 10 mile trip is a solid 2 hours.

Last edited:

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow.

Here is what I have noticed: While driving anywhere in a five state area, if there is a sudden bout of erratic traffic or congestion, a vehicle with an Oklahoma tag is responsible about 75% of the time.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mother has been to Brazil a couple of times on mission trips, and she said that the drivers down there consider the traffic signals and signs to be, at best, bad advice. I picked up her and a friend of hers at the airport after their last mission trip, and the friend couldn't believe that I was driving a vehicle with a manual transmission--she'd gotten used to the drivers all grinding the gears to fit.

When I was in technical training in the late '90s, one of my fellow students was a USAF sysadmin who'd spent a lot of time in Europe. He said it was quite common for a two-lane road in northern Italy to have both lanes going in the same direction--and if you saw the traffic in front of you separate, you'd better follow the car in front of you, because it meant that someone was coming right up the middle of the road going the other way...

Latest posts

Top Bottom