A Poll - Why Do You Hunt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why Do You Hunt? - Public Vote / Multiple Choice

• Total voters

Bubber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the soletude and it teaches me patience, whether I take the shot or not. And taking the shot is easy part, it is all the other steps you have to do that is the key. later rdd

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love to hunt to view animals in their way of life and to forget any troubles in mine. There is no better air to breathe than 20 ft. up a tree. Imagining the size of deer that made that rub or scrape and picture him doing it. Thinking of the Booners that have walked this trail in the past. Wondering where that deer came from when all of a sudden he is standing right in front of you. I'm not as religious as I probably should be but it makes me feel closer to God!

Gbart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I eat the meat but i could do without it, i hunt for trophys and thats it. Ill shoot the occasional doe if the herd needs managed, or a crap genetic buck on last weekend if i need to. I eat the meat but i dont shoot numerous deer just for it. I love being out there and the feeling of outsmarting a wild animal is food for the soul.

tdkitch

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
To be in the woods and blending in as a part of it you really get to see things in a very different aspect. God has made some very wonderful things and you dont get to see these in the city. Harvesting meat is great, shooting a bow or gun is fun, but to simply be away from the hustle of everyday life and be able to soak up the woods with the activity it brings has to be the best reason for going hunting. Rain, snow or sun hunting is great if prepared for correctly.

Kingmarine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up hunting, have always enjoyed shooting, and love to eat deer meat. Anymore though, it is like guys weekend or week depending on the season where my Dad, a couple of family friends, and I can just be guys that have a passion for the same thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom